Not so fattening SuperBowl Party Foods...

Options
Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
Any good, healthier Super Bowl food recipes out there?

Replies

• tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Superbowl is one of my favorite days of the year...football and food, its almost like Thanksgiving...having said taht, i plan for the day to just be a little worse than normal and I still indulge, albeit with some minor changes...i like to make sure there are plenty of veggies...i'm all about dips but i can enjoy them just as well with veggies and not chips, crackers, or hunks of delicious rye bread. Also look at all the dip recipes you love...can you jsut tweak them a little and suddenly they are significantly lower in calories? (not really healthier mind you, but lower in calories) think reduced fat or fat free cream cheese, light or fat free sour cream and mayo, or greek yogurt in place of either, reduced fat shredded cheese, reduced fat refried beans, low sodium black beans, you get the picture right? meatballs or lil smokies one of your faves? Try the turkey version, i dont normally prefer turkey, but when they are dipped in bbq sauce..no difference to me. sorry i dont have any great low fat recipes off the top of my head, these are just my normal changes to lighten up the fare. I recommend going to skinnytaste.com great superbowl recipes.
  • venbake
    Options
    www.livebetteramerica.com has some great "healthified" recipes. My friends love the buffalo chicken dip and Greek layered dip.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    I found this on skinny taste the other day! I'm going to try out Friday for a ladies game night.... hopefully it's good!

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Size: about 1 cup cauliflower • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 119.4 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 4 g • Carb: 21.4 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.2 g
    Sodium: 1172 mg

Ingredients:

* 1 cup water
    * 1 cup all purpose flour
    * 2 tsp garlic powder
    * 22 oz (6 1/2 cups) cauliflower florets
    * 3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
    * 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.

Combine the water, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.

Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.

While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.

Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with skinny blue cheese dressing <http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/low-fat-creamy-blue-cheese-dressing.html&gt; if desired and celery sticks.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm those tips (and the recipe) sounds great... what is this skinnytaste.com? i just today have started seeing a ton of people posting about it...
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I was actually gonna to post the buffalo cauliflower too haha, I saw it on skinnytaste yesterday, looks like a yummy alternative!!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Skinny Taste is awesome btw :) it's a low fat recipe blog.. which is usually low calorie too. Gina rocks!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Other Skinnytaste recipes that are awesome and would work for Super Bowl snacks:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/bacon-wrapped-chicken-bites.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-spinach-and-bacon-stuffed.html

I made the mushrooms without the breadcrumbs for a friend that has Celiac. I added a little extra cheese. They were delicious.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a football recipes link right on the main page! There are so many good recipes on this site! I love it! Gina is awesome and every recipe i've made from skinnytaste has been delicious!

Edit... typo
  • dave123161
    Options
    indulge a little...lifes too short
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    indulge a little...lifes too short

Bump
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Naw scrw that! I'm going hard or going home if the Pats are playing. Taco Dip made with Velveeta!!

Or my Carribbean Jerk Chicken drumsticks. You just sprinkle the hell out of them with the seasoning from the spice aisle in the supermarket and then bake them.... heaven.