I'm so Confused!! Please Help!

Options
Hi there, I am getting so confused with allthe different approaches that people use! I am currently using the MFP 1200 calorie a day route and won't deny that I am struggling! Struggling mainly with finding foods that meet all the required criteria of Carbs, Cals etc etc! I try to excercise daily but this is usually in the late evening so I can not eat back my calories and I guess I am still under the illusion that if I work that hard to burn the calories, why put them back on - stupid I know!! I guess it is because all around me people are losing weight by just counting calories!

I am tempted by Raspberry Ketones simply because of what they promise. I am scared to weigh myself after weighing in everyday for the first 3 days and losing the first but then putting on. I have never dieted before and with so much differing information and abbreviations to fathom i am confused! I am researching everyday but there seem to be pro's and con's to everything. It would be great if people would get back to me please and tell me how to research what will suit, i have very little time being a mother of 2 toddler's lol and i seem to be looking in the wrong direction. Although saying that I did stumble across Mark Chang online today which looks good and I have been looking into insanity though it does look really quite tough! Thankyou xx

Replies

• ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    first, u dont have to eat 1200 calories to lose...second check ur tdee (find a calculator online) then find ur bmr(calculator online) eat below ur tdee calories above bmr. u burn calories all day eating,sleeping,sitting so chance are ur putting ur body in a negative deficit. hope this helps and good luck to u :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    NET (at least) 1200 and stop looking for magic pills (Raspberry Ketones). You just joined this month - I'm going to assume you didn't gain all your weight in one week, so don't expect to lose it that quickly either. Also - don't expect to be perfect the first day. Sure ideally you'd eat the perfect magic number of carbs, fats, sodium, whatever - but right now just focus on your 1200 (at least) net and making healthy choices when you can.
  • jannethmarie
    Options
    Hey! I don't know if this will be much help because you said you don't have enough time, but for research I recommend reading Intuitive Eating and The Eat-Clean Diet. They changed my mentality on eating and dieting :)
  • johngeorgimus
    johngeorgimus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi

I totally agree with Ready2Rock206. Just relax, take a deep breath and take things 1 step at a time. Concentrate on your calorie goal but don't waste to much stress on the breakdown of the cals. You will instincts will tell you if you are on the right track and 1lb per week steady loss is what you are looking for. I have fallen into the trap of failing in weight loss in the past because I expect too much too soon. it really is the long game we are looking at here, so imagine what you could look and feel like if you lose 1lb for 28 weeks?!?!?

Good luck on your journey, there will be ups and downs, but if you keep your head in the game you will win! x

John
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks guys ! Such a shame a magic pill doesn't work! I will check out the clean eating lit. I am trying to eat clean to an extent but struggle to find certain foods and I guess it takes alot of finding out about and research into the best types of food. :smile: I am vegetarian and given up eating the soya processed food and am eating rye bread instead of wholemeal. I find that veges take up alot of my carbs,
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    1 - calculate your tdee (here's a good site to do this http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/)
    2 - calculate 20% less your tdee
    3 - this is your calorie goal for the day
    4 - eat most of your exercise calories back
    5 - eat as healthy as possible, fresh fruits and veggie, keep your protein up (80 - 100 grams), drink lot's of water
    6 - stay consistent and log every single bite
    7 - exercise! (and remember strength training is just as important as cardio)
    8 - No No No raspberry keotones!!!! Gimmicks and a waste of money!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Suzeboo
    Options
    Thanks John, You have put it into perspective, 28 weeks isn't that long and by then I will feel great! Eye on the Prize right!:smile:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am getting so confused with allthe different approaches that people use! I am currently using the MFP 1200 calorie a day route and won't deny that I am struggling! Struggling mainly with finding foods that meet all the required criteria of Carbs, Cals etc etc! I try to excercise daily but this is usually in the late evening so I can not eat back my calories and I guess I am still under the illusion that if I work that hard to burn the calories, why put them back on - stupid I know!! I guess it is because all around me people are losing weight by just counting calories!

I am tempted by Raspberry Ketones simply because of what they promise. I am scared to weigh myself after weighing in everyday for the first 3 days and losing the first but then putting on. I have never dieted before and with so much differing information and abbreviations to fathom i am confused! I am researching everyday but there seem to be pro's and con's to everything. It would be great if people would get back to me please and tell me how to research what will suit, i have very little time being a mother of 2 toddler's lol and i seem to be looking in the wrong direction. Although saying that I did stumble across Mark Chang online today which looks good and I have been looking into insanity though it does look really quite tough! Thankyou xx

Maybe you need to revise your calorie goal if you're struggling. If you're struggling now, you will be 8 weeks from now and at some point, you will give up or start binging on weekends. I ate 1200 calories a day for 14 weeks and hated every moment of it. I was tired, miserable, faint, shaky, and couldn't get through my workouts. I found the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group and changed my strategy. Check them out!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I find that veges take up alot of my carbs,

Veggie carbs are okay. Don't sweat the carbs from veggies or the sugar from fruit.
  • omgrigger
    Options
    Everybody is different... for me I have a low carb (no potatoes or bread mainly)... I stick to fresh food and very little processed foods (no ready meals, tinned veg etc). I use dried spices (Schwartz Perfect shake all flavours) to vary flavour to my meat (protein and mostly fresh chicken breast)....

I personally struggle with eating breakfast as soon as I get up.... so I leave it a while and then have 2 egg scrambled with very lean (2) rashes of bacon, with mushrooms but If I am rushing and busy, I'll eat a banana, and then wait till lunch..

Frozen veg/fish are good and quick to cook especially if you can steam them in the microwaveable... and the more protein you have, the harder the body has to work, to burn it off (speeding the metabolism up) as it won't store as fat.

Exercise is key as well and should go hand in hand with healthy eating. I have only just joined MFP this week, but you can check out my diaries so far for ideas...
    I hope this helps and keep at it.
  • Suzeboo
    Options

Maybe you need to revise your calorie goal if you're struggling. If you're struggling now, you will be 8 weeks from now and at some point, you will give up or start binging on weekends. I ate 1200 calories a day for 14 weeks and hated every moment of it. I was tired, miserable, faint, shaky, and couldn't get through my workouts. I found the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group and changed my strategy. Check them out!
  • Suzeboo
    Options

thanks i will check it out xxx
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out much and lost 10lbs..

I just changed what foods I eat. No more pop, I try and not eat out more than once a week, and I make sure I eat banana, apple every day.

I try and aim for protein and fibre at every meal. ( saw a nutrionist).. the Fibre keeps you fuller for longer.

Don't worry so much about going over for Protein and Fibre but watch where your sugars are at :)

my diary is open feel free to have a look. I also, made protein balls/oatmeal that's healthy for breakfast and the recipe is a big batch, really good for on the go and you can freeze it also!
  • Angie1366
    Options
    I think EVERYONE struggles to get the protein/carb numbers looking right - I mean - have an egg at breakfast, a slice of salmon at lunch and a small chicken breast at dinner and you have overdone Protein.

Personally I look at it as a guide to aim for... but do not beat myself up over the numbers. I try to get the calories right - by doing this...

At night or a quiet time - plan tomorrow... Mmmm what do I fancy... spaghetti bolognese? Well I will type it in MY RECIPES now to work out calories.. crikey! MY recipe is nearly 1000 calories a portion, but if I miss out the meat and have a veggie only sauce it is 300 less!

This way I can plan and not be upset as there are no excuses if you plan. As you go - you will know what foods provide you satisfaction balance with your goal calories....

SLOWLY SLOWLY xxx