BBW looking for support in Low Carb lifestyle

Options
Hi you guys my name is Brandi and I am and voluptuous BBW who is looking for other woman or men that are on a weight loss journey through Low Carb, Atkins, Paleo or 6WBMO. I would like to share recipes and share support with other MFPers going through the same thing. Although I am proud of my curves and hips, I would like to be healthier and more conscious about what I eat. If you are on a similar journey please friend me! Goo Luck!!

Replies

• Emngibsmom
    Options
    I have been on a low-carb pseudo Atkins approach since April of last year and I have lost about 70 lbs. I feel amazing and I can't tell you how great I feel when people compliment me . . .I feel like mama's got her groove back after years of piling on the pounds and feeling disgusted by myself. This diet ,or way of life as I like to refer to it ,just works for me. I have PCOS and have a tendency to pack on the pounds when I eat carbs. I also find that this way of eating allows me to be flexible and not have to cook special meals just for myself I have found ways to cook normally and if the rest of my family wants a carby side dish I just stick to the protein and the veggies. I think having someone to lean on is so important to help with motivation! So that is why I joined this site and I was excited to see your post. - Look forward to hearing from you! Rachel
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started my journey about 4yrs ago at 320lbs. I did a SUPER low-carb diet (only 20 net carbs/day) and lost 90lbs in about 6 months. I was also walking/jogging around 3 miles a day as well. It truly was a life saver and I continue to follow a more low-carb approach. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • brandiohbrandi
    brandiohbrandi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow that is soo amazing, congratulations! I wish to one day be able to say that I too have lost this amount of weight! I think that it is so inspirational to be able to connect with other like minded people and share info and stories!
  • scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys my name is Brandi and I am and voluptuous BBW who is looking for other woman or men that are on a weight loss journey through Low Carb, Atkins, Paleo or 6WBMO. I would like to share recipes and share support with other MFPers going through the same thing. Although I am proud of my curves and hips, I would like to be healthier and more conscious about what I eat. If you are on a similar journey please friend me! Goo Luck!!

Friend request sent your way!

I am really doing my own thing and watching what I am eating. I've done it before and I know if works, at least for me it did.