Has anyone used the FitBit bracelet

Options
Hi guys. FitBit is a bracelet whose second version will come out in spring. I dont know if any of you have used it before. Its a bracelet that stays with you the whole day and tracks calories burned, steps taken, tracks your sleep cycle and some other things.
You can synchronize all of this with your Mac / PC or with your smartphone. Quite awesome right? A great tool to complement MFP.
I just preordered mine, but I havent heard of anyone that has used the first version. Any clue? Any good comments?

Replies

• law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've not used one, but have a HRM instead that I wear when I'm exercising. The main reason being that the calories I burn when doing my daily routine aren't "new"...I've been cleaning house, doing laundry, walking the dog, going to the store, etc. forever and still gained weight, so why bother considering those activities as "exercise"? It's the time I spend in the gym or outside running that is burning new calories.

That's just me...
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular FitBit Ultra and love it. Is the bracelet waterproof?
  • ShavoneJ
    ShavoneJ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. Considered getting the Fuel Band by Nike when it came out. Decided not because if price and reviews. Just today I've been researching the Fit Bit Flex, Jawbone,and Fuel Band. I've decided I'm going to get to Git Bit Flex. I'm
    Interested in seeing my sleep cycles too. I do use a heart rate monitor but only when working out. It'll be nice to see what I burn just from working and doing things around the house.
  • npalacios78
    Options
    I dont know if its waterproof. I have used waterproof HRMs in the past for swimming, though. And just last November another crazy gadget came out, which is a waterproof MP3, so you can enjoy your swimming even more! Although I dont have details about the latter.
  • npalacios78
    Options
    We´ll share comments in Spring then!:wink:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There's also the new Basis and Amiigo and BMF. Core 2
  • gick7
    gick7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Their website says it's water resistant. It seems comparable to the Nike Fuelband, and for $50 less. I'm intrigued. :-)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Considering getting an HRM. I am obese but in pretty good shape.
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've never worn the bracelet. I have a FitBit Ultra that I love. I have been having issues with mine recently and just finished e-mailing customer service and they are replacing it and upgrading mine to the FitBit One since the ultra is out of stock. I will say this, their customer service is pretty amazing.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    its not as good as the ultra (no elevation), and IMHO not as good as the nike fuel since no display. but if you don't mind using it constantly w/ your phone, and the elevation/display issues don't bother you, fitbit makes a great product. I've been using the ultra for quite some time, recently picked up the Nike Fuel but am returning it as my ultra does everything better..... my fitbit profile is http://www.fitbit.com/user/22TFTX if you want to add me for support/challenges.....I like the idea of the band though, so will be excited to see the next iteration of the flex for sure. if it has a display and elevation, I'll buy it.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit bracelet isn't out yet, is it?
    Anyone heard when it will be out.?

I want a Fitbit, would prefer the bracelet, but want it sooner rather than later.
  • npalacios78
    Options
    So, based on what I´ve read here..........

Pros:
    1. Compact and practical
    2. Great customer service
    3. Good previous product
    4. Good value_cost.
    5. Water resistant
    6. Encrusted diamonds.....

Cons:
    1. No elevation :huh:
    2. No display.

Sorry, got me lost on the "elevation" term. What does it mean?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Sorry, got me lost on the "elevation" term. What does it mean?

It won't count your steps/floors for you.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    There's also the new Basis and Amiigo and BMF. Core 2

The Basis release seems soooo sketchy to me. And the Amiigo is fugly. Wish it wasn't, though, because it looks like it combines the best of both the Flex and the Basis.
  • npalacios78
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just posted about the FitBit Flex. It's supposed to come out in the spring.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular FitBit Ultra and love it. Is the bracelet waterproof?

According to the website, I believe it said it was water resistant... so swimming/dishes, should be ok.