Want a great low-calorie snack idea???

Options
Melissakay1222
Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
Mix Funfetti cake mix with low-fat vanilla yogurt and low-fat Cool Whip. Mix it all together and then dip low-fat or fat-free animal crackers in it! This is a great low-calorie snack and perfect for when you get that sweet tooth! :)

Replies

• suribruise
    Options
    That sounds pretty disgusting.
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Isn't the cake mix raw dough?? Sorry, doesn't sound very appetizing to me.
  • dworrall01
    dworrall01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are the ratios for the cake mix (powder only, right?), to yogurt and cool whip?

I've mixed 1/4 cup of cake mix with cool whip for a low fat apple dip before....very good! Suggest a spice cake mix. White, cherry or strawberry cake mixes work good too for all types of fruit. Yum!
  • Jennystimetolose
    Jennystimetolose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try a slim fast bar they are 95 calories and just taste the same as a chocolate bar x
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty disgusting.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Mix Funfetti cake mix with low-fat vanilla yogurt and low-fat Cool Whip. Mix it all together and then dip low-fat or fat-free animal crackers in it! This is a great low-calorie snack and perfect for when you get that sweet tooth! :)

Actually sounds interesting to me! I love cake batter :)

ETA: I am amazed at how many don't like raw batter here...we have ice cream shops that have cake batter ice cream around here!!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy to me - I love cake mix!!
  • susannahsutton1
    Options

I don't understand most of the stuff in that sentence. Is that Americanese?
  • deedeeFP
    Options
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cookie/ChocolateMeringue.htm

My cousin made these meringue cookies for Christmas and they were GREAT! She made a few different flavors. You can pretty much add anything to it. almonds, coconut, crushed candy. I guess just be aware of the additional calories when adding ingredients.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use a SF cake mix with 12 oz diet soda. White cake i use diet orange. chocolate cake i use diet cherry dr pepper. icing is SF cool whip. Tonight i am making a chocolate cake with diet 7up and in the cool whip i am gonna add some mint extract. Pray it turns out well i am taking it to work lol.:laugh:
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I'll try anything once.

And interested to see what other ideas come up:)
  • haileybailey5
    haileybailey5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like turkey roll-ups! I take deli turkey slices and spread on some Laughing Cow Swiss, sprinkle on cracked pepper, roll up and eat! Its a great low-cal snack when you are feeling munchy!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    my coworkers loved it!
    I use a SF cake mix with 12 oz diet soda. White cake i use diet orange. chocolate cake i use diet cherry dr pepper. icing is SF cool whip. Tonight i am making a chocolate cake with diet 7up and in the cool whip i am gonna add some mint extract. Pray it turns out well i am taking it to work lol.:laugh: