Only 203 calories left, what can I eat for dinner! Starving!

Options
I just started new workout routine for me and been working out 4 days of P90X. Was not hungry... until today, my rest day. I AM STARVING all day today. Must be the calorie burn from last 4 days.
I am looking at calorie intake and have 203 calories left in a day for dinner. I know I will be hungry when I get home. What can I eat?

Replies

• Ani45
    Ani45 Posts: 47
    Options
    Chicken breast and green salad? Chicken always makes me satisfied
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, I'd eat some more. Don't worry about your calories. Listen to your body.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, I'd eat some more. Don't worry about your calories. Listen to your body.

^^^ This. Just make it all nutritious calories, nothing empty like soda.

What's your Calorie goal? If you are aiming for a 1,000 deficit, then even going 'over' by 500 Calories is going to be a big deficit and lead to weight loss.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Lol say whaaat? :huh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Are you logging that calorie burn or is that activity included in your profile set up? If it's outside of your profile set up, you should log that calorie burn and eat those calories back, or at least a decent portion of them. If you're using MFP the way they tell you to, the deficit is already built into your diet...no need to make a bigger deficit with exercise...that can actually lead to problems down the line.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Progresso light soups, they are great!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

What's your Calorie goal? If you are aiming for a 1,000 deficit, then even going 'over' by 500 Calories is going to be a big deficit and lead to weight loss.

A calorie is a calorie when it comes to weight loss. If you're talking overall nutrtion, I'd agree with you.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you watch Tony Horton's live chats, he ALWAYS says that if you are hungry, then you should eat, even if you go over your "calorie limit".

If you go 100, 200 or 300 calories over for one day, don't worry! Relax and just eat healthy foods! Stress will only make it worse! :)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Go for some lean protein. Chicken breast or tuna should do it :)
  • chavens85
    Options
    I like to saute up sliced up veggies (tiny bit of oil) like zucchinni, squash, onions, peppers and add some marinara sauce to it. It's like a faux spaghetti and it always fills me up!
  • mandalyn23
    mandalyn23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN ...it will make you feel the fullest. Chicken, fish, cottage cheese, veggies. Last night I did a chicken breast, mashed cauliflower and sugar snap peas for about 200 calories :)

But yeah, make sure you are listening to your body as Tony tells you on P90X and make sure you are chugging down the water!!!
  • aud085
    aud085 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are a great filler, add some veggies and make an omlet.
  • thick_to_fit
    Options
    I'm not sure how nutritous it is but I always eat a like handful of brocolli and half of a potato and feel really satisfy
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Did you go way under your calories from the previous day. Your body is responding to being under fed and screaming. Go with something high in protein and fiber like Greek yogurt with berries.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    A huge salad plus marinaded chicken. Rest days are always the hungry ones. Could eat a few more if you've had big deficits recently x
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    half can of tuna mixed with mustard, onions salt and pepper (i even add sauerkraut!). I use sliced long english cucumber to dip it out (like a cracker) - if you use the stuff stored in water that's about 60-70 cals.

portobella/zuchini pizzas - use one of these as the crust and use a little skim mozza cheese and pizza sauce, toss in oven for 10-15 let cool 5 min, youve got yourself a 100 cal satisfying meal.

so many options! make zucchini lasagna (use zucchini as noodles but slicing lengthwise), carrot noodle pad thai with shrimp...

200 cals is a lot if you use them right
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

A calorie is a calorie when it comes to weight loss. If you're talking overall nutrtion, I'd agree with you.

My point is that 300 kCals of chicken breast is going to be more satisfying for longer than 300 kCals of soda. So if she's concerned about not going too far over her Calorie goal, nutritious Calories are the better choice.
  • cinner506
    Options
    Do you do shakes? If you do..I suggest Herbal Life shakes at 160 calories. I like the cookies and cream one.
    Do you like Veggies? 1 cup of cucumbers is 15 calories
    or fruit 1 cup of Pineapple is about 80 calories
    a Wendy's small chile is 210 calories ( I know its over but not much)
    Hope this helps
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    How has the rest of your week been? I ask because if you've been under say 600 calories (guesstimate) every day so far with exercising your body is going to need refuelling. You can afford to eat a little more tonight and still be under on your WEEKLY CALORIES.
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Perdue makes individually packaged chicken that comes in different seasoning for 140 calories, add some veggies and its a great, filling meal.