Insanity

Options
My daughter and I just started the Insanity workout- how have others logged this under exercise? Just under cardio? I want to make sure I get credt for all my sweating!

Replies

• Katcha130
    Options
    Hi, I just started too! How's it going for you? I'm on day 6 today (tomorrow is my day off woohoo). I've been logging about 400 calories just to be conservative. I created my own entry. I bet we are burning more than that but I do stop often so estimating 400 right now. Good luck. Would love to hear about you and your daughter's progress. Lisa
  • Katcha130
    Options
    Just saw this from another member so may use this instead.
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercises/calories-burned-insanity
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You should really invest in a heart rate monitor and not worry about estimating your calorie burn.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am logging it under high impact aerobics until my HRM arrives, I think it is the best estimate for it.
  • ginam70
    ginam70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisa! We just finished Day 3-so far so good! Although my travel push ups are a aad display! My daughter is 9 and I am just still surprised she is getting up with me at 6:30am!! :smile:
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I bought a Garmin Forerunner 405CX. It logs calories using heart rate and not distance travelled and speed like some others. I plugged the numbers straight into the MFP exercise section as a custom workout. You could also do as you suggested in your post with logging it as cardio (I think some people log it as aerobics too), although the calorie burn from MFP might be less than what you're actually burning. Insanity is extremely intense! Good luck though! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'm a Beachbody coach and I'm doing Insanity at the moment too. Day 19 coming up soon!