calculating McDonald's Double Filet-o-Fish without sauce and

Options
kjfkjf
kjfkjf Posts: 11 Member
Hi - I am trying to calculate this but keep finding conflicting information on how much to take off for cheee and tartar sauce.

Has anyone found the nutrition information for a McDonald's Double Filet-o-Fish without sauce and and without cheese? Normally it's 530 calories and I have found that the cheese can be anywhere from 50-70 calories and the sauce around 50. But to create this food I'm not sure about the nutritonal info.

Thanks!

Replies

• waymethb
    waymethb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried going to McDonalds' website? If I remember correctly they have a create your own meal there and you can add and subtract ingredients to get the meal you ate...just a suggestion.
  • MystAKAlKonceit
    MystAKAlKonceit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you go to the website they have an interactive menu where u can add and subtract condiments including the bun and it tells you the nutrition value based on wht you selected. Filet o Fish as is is 380. Without tarter sauce 290. Without tarter sauce ans cheese its 270. Enjoy: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/chooseCustomize.do
  • bleedingdreamer
    Options
    I go to the McDonalds site too.
  • MystAKAlKonceit
    MystAKAlKonceit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My favorite and the best bet on the menu is a Chicken Caesar Salad and swap the dressing for the Balsamic Vinaigrette at just 250 calories =) ......McDonalds Im ♥'n It lol (i dnt ever eat fast food but this is a good choice and quick fix)
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat it! I have not had fast food in a month and I have lost 8 pounds! I'm losing 2 pounds per week perfectly...make your own there is NOTHING GOOD ABOUT MCDONALDs.....NOTHING!!!!!!
  • widmane
    widmane Posts: 6
    Options
    Jeswolfe6 is right. Buy Food Rules by Michael Pollan. $5 on Amazon. Counting calories in Filet-o-fish is like counting calories in a sofa cushion. You shouldn't be eating either of them. Unless you are eating it as a treat. Suppose it is ok then. Go ahead and leave on the cheese and tartar. That is a real treat.