Hi :) New member looking for support from others :)

Options
Hello all. My name is Pam and im 45, mother of 2 boys. Oldest son is 20 and youngest son is 17 who has special needs :) I just recently quit smoking ( Jan 4th 2010) havent smoked since but have gained approx. 10 -15 #. I have a very bad self imagine esteem, you would think a woman of my age would be alright with herself but NOPE not me LOL .. I would love to lose about 40 pounds right now just so I feel comfortable. Im trying hard and all the support I got with the smoking was awesome and seemed to help me so im hoping for the same on here in order to lose some weight!!

Thanxxx all :)

Replies

• k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats for giving up smoking, I know how hard that is. And how much weight you can gain afterwards! But I think the weight is definitely healthier short term than smoking. Good luck with it all.
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! You have come to the right place. The people here are supportive and always ready to offer advice or motivation. I know that you will love it as much as I do ! Good luck ! :flowerforyou:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi there! I tried to quit smoking and did for 2 weeks, had tons of support except from my system..i couldn't go to the bathroom so I actually started smoking again but I felt even worse about my weight than anything so I decided to start on that! I am 27 and i would love to support you throughout this as it sure makes you feel better about you accomplishments...feel free to add me as your friend :)
  • pamgibson
    Options
    thankkk's K :) The smoking was a hard battle and i think im free ( i hope ) but the weight will be even a harder battle for me , but with this program and suppot, hopefully I can do this :) Im loving this program!!
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking. It takes extreme will power. And since you mastered that, you can use the same approach in eating healthy combined with exercise. There are two things that helped me this year. One being the MFP web site and the other was a book that my doctor told me read called "Younger Next Year". There is also a version call "Younger Next Year fro Women". This book is a must read for those 45 and older. It describes the aging process, the impact of cardio and strenght training on your quality of life and how your body reacts to foods etc. It was an easy read for me. Andy MFP is the tool I use to track my progress.

Best reards!