Today's little victory!

Options
I was looking for an ongoing thread where people posted their small triumphs from the day but my search skills failed me.

Anyway, today I had a ****ty two hours after locking my keys in my car and dealing with a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense to fix it, and afterwards all I wanted was a 'reward' to cheer myself up. A chocolate, or a soda, or something like that. The back of my mind was like "Go ooooon you deserve it, that was awful". But I had a glass of water instead and the feeling went away! I only just realised it's two hours later and I stopped thinking about it almost immediately :D

So what was today's little victory for you??

Replies

• vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Someone had left chocolate on everyone's desks this morning... I could have afforded it calorie-wise, but I tend to have an addictive relationship with sugar. So I snuck it onto someone else's desk (this person is fit and enjoys sweets, I wasn't trying to sabotage).
  • mhaworth12
    mhaworth12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    someone brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts into work for everyone and I passed them up!
  • ldwash405
    ldwash405 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today's little victory for me is that my body has gotten used to the 1200 calorie limit. When I first started I felt like I was starving, but I must say that it has gotten easier. I am fixing dinner for me and my children and I don't feel extremely hungry. Yes, I do believe this is going to work out nice!
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I almost talked myself out of going to work, which would have meant not going to boot camp, but I really want to go hard at the boot camp, give it my best effort, so I managed to talk myself back into going to work!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Today a young lady I work with said, "How much smaller are you gonna get? Your stomach is already in your back." Ha Ha!!! I wanted to kiss her but refrained because she might punch me.
  • flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    someone brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts into work for everyone and I passed them up!

Awesome feat!
  • tlelizondo
    tlelizondo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I passed up the maple bar my boss offered me!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I was asked if I've ever modeled. :smile:
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got my tests results and I am no longer pre-diabetic. My blood sugar levels are low and in the very healthy range and my cholesterol dropped so much that I only have a little bit to go now. Based on the tests results and some online program my doctor used I have a 3.3% chance of developing hearth disease. YAY. And mind you, all this only after 2 months of changing my eating habits.
  • kellyj5201
    kellyj5201 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i passed up ordering girl scout cookies!!!!! :happy:
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    waipepe - awesome!! That sounds like a huge victory to me :D
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My victory today is..... I was offered a chocolate at work took one and put it in my bag (it was wrapped) to bring home for my partner. Its still in my bag.... normally Id have devoured it in seconds plus half the box.

Its a big step for me to have chocolate in my bag and have the will power to not only resist but to save it for someone else.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I got up for the 5th day in a row and made it to the gym by 730. One more to go before my rest day!
  • raviwong6
    raviwong6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I walked past the bakery section at the supermarket and walked by the free samples - entire cupcakes (not samples or cupcakes cut into quarters but whole cupcakes), whole cookies and 1/2 whoopie pies. I didn't take anything.