30 Day Shred nearly killed me!

Options
So I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for the first time on Wednesday, and I found it extremely difficult. I did level 1 and found it so difficult that I couldn't finish the whole thing. I was in EXCRUCIATING pain for the next 2 days - my legs were so sore I literally couldn't walk normally. Did anyone else experience anything like this? Now, I admit that I have led a pretty sedentary lifestyle up to this point, but I didn't expect to be in THAT much pain from a 20 minute workout! I'd like to give it another try, but I'm scared of going through that pain again. Thoughts?

Replies

• savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    once you do the video again the soreness will wear off. I remember i was like that the first time I did it also. The longer you dont do it again seems like the longer it will hurt.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    YES! I had the absolute worst pain I have ever experienced in my calves and I was also walking around like a lunatic. But think of it this way, how often have you used those muscles in the past if you've led a sedentary lifestyle up until now? It is possible that you have hardly ever used them like me. I pushed through and am now halfway through my month and on level two. You CAN do it! I took a day or two off and then jumped back on and in no time the pain was gone. Just make sure you're stretching whenever possible. I'm set to start level three soon, so don't give up!
  • caprisun09
    Options
    I also expereinced the same symptoms after the 1st workout. I went from absolutely no exercise to this. It's pretty rough.