Evil Carbs, Help!

JessH79
JessH79 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been on My fitness pal for about a month now(I think). In that month I have only lost 2 pounds, and I know what the culprit is. Carbs! No matter how healthy I feel that I have eaten, or how carefully I plan my food I've noticed that my carbs are always over. They're usually over by 50 or so. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with carbs or if anyone has some suggestions about how to cut the carbs down.

Replies

• I am doing low carb dieting so I know about the horror carbs that make your butt jiggle! LOL. Okay I suggest getting a little more protein in your diet to help make you feel not hungry. And really look at the labels on your "carb" products. Make sure they say 100% whole wheat or !00% whole grain. Breads that are not 100% aren't good for you. What all do you eat that is carbs?
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Little things make a big difference! Eat sandwiches open-faced or without the bun or bread. Give up rolls and donuts for fruit and high fiber substitutes.

Substitute sweet potatoes for potatoes or eat only half of the fries that come with your meal and leave the rest behind. Little steps.
  • JessH79
    JessH79 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the suggestions so far guys! I'm really not sure where my carbs come from. I eat a lot of cereal and crackers so maybe that's it. My day usually consists of things like puffed wheat cereal, fruit, veggies, yogurt, couscous and some sort of veggie. I just seem to always be over on them! I'm wondering if the things that I drink could be adding bad carbs to my day too. I drink a lot o fruit juice(I know, it's bad, but it's cheap).
    Thanks jessicajoy87, those are all great suggestions, I'll keep those in mind while choosing food :)
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Natural fruit juice isn't bad. Fruit drink is bad because of all the stuff they add to the fruit concentrate. Just read the labels. Juice is GOOD!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Yeap, what he ^ said...both times!
This discussion has been closed.