Calories burnt during exercise

Options
I use the phone app Cardio trainer when walking and also on the elliptical. The calories recorded being burnt are more walking a school track then what my fitness pal records when i enter exercise points. also the elliptical calories on my elliptical are usually more than what my cardio trainer records. Just curious how everyone keeps track of accurate calories burnt when some vary so much. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I use my Polar FT4 HRM :)
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor that syncs with my phone into Digifit! (Can't stand endomondo BLAH)
  • ak2k
    ak2k Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find out what kettlebell workouts burn. Several sources on the net say 900 calories for 45 min. - I have a hard time believing that but can't find any other info. Any info?
  • LaPipebomb
    LaPipebomb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Machines give you a generalized estimate of what the average person should burn, given the time and alleged intensity of the workout, not necessarily what you specifically burn. I have a chest strap heart rate monitor from Timex that syncs up with my watch, and records my heart rate, and calories burned. The machines, and some apps (like mfp) aren't TOO far off in giving you the calories you should have burned during a workout, but if you want more specifics, you should think about investing in a heart rate monitor.
  • Bodebo
    Bodebo Posts: 9
    Options
    I use the following website. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc you just put in your weight and how many minutes of each exercise. It has a really good list of exercises, but there was still a few that I had to research. Also, not 100% sure of the accuracy, but I figured it had to be in the range.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I use a New Balance N4 heart rate monitor.