Low calorie, VEGETARIAN friendly snacks that are filling?

Options
Any vegetarians out there with good suggestions for snacks that are filling and low calorie? Carrots with hummus are my go to snack but some times they just don't fill me up. I know nuts can do it but they raise my calorie and fat count so quickly. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• fattypattybinger
    Options
    kale chips!!!!!!!!!!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Apple and hummus too!!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Certain nuts and seeds, as a vegetarian you need omega-3s and we all need minerals. There is a wide variation in fat and fibre content if you do some homework.
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-012006000000000000000-w.html?maxCount=71
  • shelleymonk
    Options
    If you're at work, then you have to plan ahead and bring snacks with you! That's what I do. My favourite is carrot sticks, fresh and on their own. Try a few papdums in the microwave for an alternative to chips. They're crunchy and flavoursome. I also eat boiled eggs for snacks, or fresh seasonal fruit (for me that's apricots at the moment). I also 'snack' on protein powder shakes. You can shake these up with unsweetened almond milk (40 cal per 250mls) for a creamy taste without the calories of milk/soy.