pulled tendon in heel (plantar fascitis)

Options
rvest
rvest Posts: 17 Member
Does anyone have advice about how to handle this injury? The Doctor gave me several suggestions, but it's really terrible pain. Thank you.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is rest now and get a heel lift (at most pharmacies in the brace section) to put in your shoe for when you do have to walk around. Don't go bare foot. Ice Often. When you are starting to feel better, start strengthening your arch with exercises.

I know this stinks and it takes a long time to heal. Good Luck.
  • mpomer
    mpomer Posts: 9
    Options
    I have plantar fascitis as well and I have to wear special insoles in my shoes, superfeet is the name of them and it has helped , I also have to stretch the heel and wear a boot at night or whenever feet are up. With time it does get better but is really quick to hurt once I stop stretching. Good luck,

Michele
  • l3uttel2flie
    Options
    Does anyone have advice about how to handle this injury? The Doctor gave me several suggestions, but it's really terrible pain. Thank you.

I was diagnosed with plantar fascitis 9 years ago: I was told drink more fluids stay hydrated at all times; never go barefoot (make sure you have appropriate arch support... you may need insoles), spell the alphabet forwards and backwards using your toes as the instrument to write with (in the air)... this can be down while lying in bed or watching tv or reading. Also if the pain is too unbearable you can use NSAIDS and ice.... physical therapists some times reccomend you put your feet in very hot water then very cold and repeat.

Hope this helps....

Good luck!
    90066 Posts: 24
    Options
    I had this problem. It hit me and 3 runners I know at around age 35. It would hurt most in the morning until I walked it out a bit. I thought I was doomed but it eventually went away completely for no reason. Several months of pain, maybe a year, I'm sorry to say. I quit running.

I'm now taking up barefoot running. Padded running shoes let us pound our heels and feet into the ground so hard we cause injuries. Running barefoot like children forces us to use our feet as they were designed, as springs. It takes weeks of time to build them back up and retrain after a lifetime of running heel-strike padded-shoe-style. I've just started, no foot pain, and I can really feel my lower leg muscles working in new ways. Do a google search for more information.

If you must wear shoes, one sufferer I know swears by the happy-feet inserts. I use them too, and they let me wear uncomfortable shoes for much longer before my knees and back would normally start hurting. So they do something good, but the plantar fascii failure is a strength issue, and padding them more just lets them get weaker, and lets you pound them harder. Eventually, when you feel better, ditch the shoes.

828336.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools