The Reason Why I Need To Change

Options
Hi, my name is Sydney. I've used MFP before, but obviously did not succeed. My mom lives her life by this website and looks amazing! I figured I'd let you all know a little about me, so then hopefully I can make a few friends here and stick to it! I am 21, soon to be 22, and I am 5'1" and weigh 160(5 pounds lost!). My goal is to be anywhere from 115-125. I am a single mother to a beautiful 3 year old little girl. She is my first reason to lose the weight. I get home from work and have no energy for her. I really don't even want to get off the couch most of the time. I want more kids someday, and right now I know that the energy I have isn't even enough for one! Second.. My ex husband. Last year my husband, of 2 1/2 years cheated on me. Basically said he was not in love with me anymore and my body was part of his reasoning. The divorce was final in July... And he didn't want anything... Not even our beautiful daughter. I know he will regret it someday... Even more when he sees me and the beautiful new body I will have =). I have someone new in my life and he is wonderful. He helps me out so much with my daughter and just around the house. I love him and his support for us. So please add me as a friend and help me stay motivated and I will return the favor!

Replies

• Ekboriqua
    Ekboriqua Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP since May 2012, reading your posting hit home in so many ways. First let me say you have brave to put yourself out there the way you did and if you can do that then you can do anything you put your mind to. I am very close to your situations in manys ways for a few exceptions your and inch taller than me, I have 3 children and I'm a little more that twice your age 47, also started about the same weight. I started at 155 tried my best at first nothing happened then got sick stopped gained 10 then started back again now I'm down to 154. The first thing I can say is do this for YOU and only YOU, then your little girl, that's it. Then once you have that in your head then move don't care how tired and how that couch looks, MOVE. I know even though my oldest is grown and out, I still have to deal with two small kids, I know about work, homework and project, quality time lets not forget the husband. Dance with your little girl, walk with her, ride a bike with her, just move and keep moving. Take time for yourself too and remember you are worth it. I also had the same experience with a cheating spouse too and getting over that is the hardest thing but don't let what he told you stop you, it was his weakness not you. Sorry if I stepped out of line here. I hope this helps if you want to add me feel free. I wish you the best in your journey.
  • syddiane09
    syddiane09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding, and for those of you who added me after this post! People always are telling me to live for myself, and believe me I am =) I want to be around for a while and being healthy is the way to do it. My ex husband will never be a part of my life again, but sadly he will always be a part of who I am. But I will use that to push me to be who I will become.