Nike Training Club App?

Options
Hi all :)

I just started using the Nike Training Club App on my phone, and LOVE the way it talks to you and tells you what to do, with video examples. I wanted to see if anyone on here uses this app too, and if there is a "science" to switching between the workouts (i.e. "get lean," "get toned," "get strong," "get focused") for best results? Does anyone have any advice for this? I really love the app, though. I was considering spending money on a personal trainer, and this app is just as good, without the high cost! Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Thanks and take care!

Sarah

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's great app - love that it's free - and I use it all the time. I mostly have used the Get Focused section, usually pairing two workouts at a time (like shoulders and back, or legs and butt) three days a week. I also like some of the bonus workouts you get as rewards for hitting so many minutes - Alyson Felix's Unstoppable is my current fave.

Yesterday I decided to branch out and did one in the Get Lean section - the Razor Sharp workout was a killer. More of a full body workout rather than focused on one area, and 30 minutes long. Love the variety of the workouts, and the time on them, makes it easy to mix and match.

I started using the app when I got tired of all my DVDs - been using the app now for over six months I think.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I solely used the app I alterednated between doing the strength workout, and workouts just using bodyweight. The app lets you scroll through to see what exercises and body parts will be worked, so you could target different areas depending on what you did the day before.

now i use the app for cardio/HIIT training and do weights separately. I love this app too. :)
  • cathmaow
    cathmaow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it and excited to use it on my off gym days!
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I used it a lot last year, alternating between the Get Fit and Get Focussed sections. I did a workout from each in one day as I got better.

I just got back to it today and wanted to ask, has the Lea Michele bonus gone? I was working towards it before, but it seems to have been replaced by an Abs workout which I am not too enthused about. I can't find any mention of Lea anywhere else, but nothing on the net indicates that the workout had been dropped.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used it a lot last year, alternating between the Get Fit and Get Focussed sections. I did a workout from each in one day as I got better.

I just got back to it today and wanted to ask, has the Lea Michele bonus gone? I was working towards it before, but it seems to have been replaced by an Abs workout which I am not too enthused about. I can't find any mention of Lea anywhere else, but nothing on the net indicates that the workout had been dropped.
    Was it the Lea Michele Triple Threat Workout? It's in my Workout Rewards, under the Believer badge for 1000 minutes logged. Have to click on the badge to see it. Is that the one?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    was looking up apps and have came across lots of good reviews on this may try it out looks like its worth it, just wondering is there good strength training workouts on there? :)
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've never heard about this app but am downloading it now because it sounds awesome! :-)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I have it and absolutely love it!!!
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it now just can't wait to use it at the gym in the morin
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    ok just download it i am going to add everyone of you on here is that ok
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's the one. Believer now shows the ultimate ab and butt workout. I haven't quite made it to 1000 minutes yet.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have used this app and love it!!! I alternate upper body one day, lower the next then cardio and repeat. I usually pair the 15 min ones up and do 2-3 at a time or try to do 45 min ones
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it but have not started using it. I will use it when I am not at the gym. Or I will use it at the gym when I have a late night workout.
  • kaseybill
    kaseybill Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been using the NTC app for over a year now and I love it! My next badge is 1250 mins and I just discovered all the bonus workout in the Rewards section. I do the Get Toned and lean but just started doing the strong section (under intermediate) and I do feel a difference in results in the strong vs the Lean or Toned. I do Zumba, Kickboxing and Spin so I don't think I need to do the cardio ones anymore, But they ALL are great workouts! My husband now uses them too and they kick his butt. It is the best workout app out there (free too!) And I don't work for Nike.
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    I've never heard about this app but am downloading it now because it sounds awesome! :-)

I have never heard of it either - but am looking it up! Thanks