My Old Jeans

Options
sonnacchio
sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
Those lovely, outdated pairs of Levi's that have been hanging in the back of my closet have been on my mind lately. You see, I went on a cleaning binge and decided to get rid of all of the clothes that didn't fit, were out of date, or just weren't worth keeping anymore. You never know when Stacie and Clinton may show up! (Wishful thinking on my part!)

Anyway, I couldn't bear to part with some things. You know - an Ann Taylor dress that I wore to a wedding more than 10 years ago, and those 3 pairs of Levi's. One pair was from pre-pregnancy. I haven't been able to get my hands in the pockets of those bad boys for more than 12 years. The other two pairs were from a brief interlude between children - I had gone on a diet and treated myself to them. Once I bought them, I promptly gained 20 pounds! :-(

This week I decided to try them on again. I had tried them on when cleaning out the closet and couldn't even get them buttoned up. My thighs were straining the side seams. I knew then that I had work to do. So.....I've been on MFP since. This week I am close to 15 pounds down and my clothes are getting baggy. Really baggy. To the point where even I want to see my shape. This is when I remember the old jeans. For some reason, I was nervous and reluctant to dig them out. Here I am, a 40 year old woman standing in my bedroom alone staring at a pair of jeans that I've had for at least 5 years and I am scared to put them on.

Can you believe it? They fit perfectly! OMG!!! My hands go in the pockets! My thighs actually have room to breathe! There is a gap in the waist where I can get at least 2 fingers! Holy Smokes Bat Man!!!! I feel like a million bucks wearing those jeans. I'm SO happy!

Replies

• bmarsh777
    bmarsh777 Posts: 15
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your story. Now go out and work those jeans!
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, well done!

I had that moment, too, when I came home after losing 10lbs in February, I was able to take my old jeans with me back to Uni. It's a good feeling :)
  • cayzapp
    cayzapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! It's almost more fun to be able to fit back into old clothes than it is going out and buying new..... there's some real gratification in that...I'm only 8 lbs. down so far, but this week I was able to wear pair of jeans that were too tight in the waist for well over 2 years....(couldn't give them up either....) Good luck to you!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Thats Amazing. I love shopping in my own closet. I too have found some old cloths that now fit.

Oh and I too keep thinking Stacie and Clinton will come and visit and say "girl you've lost weigh yet your still dressing like your were 28 lbs ago and still wear MATERNITY?? ;) well Nursing not maternity but even those are way to big now.
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!

I had that experience with a skirt this week. Then I had this weird emotional thing that I started to feel sad for the day the skirt will be too big. I've always gotten great compliments in it. But, it's something I need to just get over, cause I'm not stopping here!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    :drinker: Awesome job!!!!!!
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    That's fantastic, feels great doesn't it.
    A friend of mine gave me a dress back in '99 right after I had my hysterectomy. I have yet to be able to fit in it. She didn't mean to, but she bought it two sizes too small. That dress is what I'm aiming for. Then I can go closet shopping.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Great work! I went shopping in my closet several weeks ago and was surprised that I fit into all of my old clothes. I went from having zero pairs of jeans that fit to having 4. I now actually enjoy jean days at work.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you!!!! =D
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That is awesome!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Great job! In my case, I kind of "gave up" on the idea that I would EVER fit in those smaller sized clothes again, so I donated ALL of them! That was about a month BEFORE I found MFP!!!!!! Now I would be able to wear MOST of the stuff that I donated, and the stuff that I kept?? Well, it's all baggy --- great for working in the garden... LOL I guess TIMING is everything!!

Get out and enjoy that NEW YOU!!!! It's a feeling that only another "loser" can TRULY appreciate!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great story! Cant wait for my 'skinni jeans' moment! :o)
  • nomuffintop
    Options
    Thanks you soooo much for your story :flowerforyou:
    I have a pair of levis that have being taunting me from inside a drawer for a few months now !!! I can just about get them up over my thighs :grumble: :grumble:
    I know that if I loose this 14lbs (again :huh: ) that the will fit beautifuly and after reading your story it seems even more real to me, that I will actualy wear them one day very, very soon :happy:
    Thanks again :love:
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Fantastic achievement!!! I can only hope the pair I have hiding in my wardrobe might do the same for me in a few months time :-) Thanks for giving me hope!!! I am a true MFP addict already!! Enjoy your jeans!
  • shannon3
    shannon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story :) I have a pair of jeans that are one size too small hanging in my room away from my other clothes to remind me of my goal! Funny thing is; they have NEVER fit. I bought them two years ago to inspire me to lose weight. They got pushed to the back of the closet, but after finding MFP and deciding to change my life, they are back out in the open and ready to be put on :) Hopefully I won't let them down!
  • LosingLori
    Options
    If you look that good in jeans...think about how SMOKIN' you are going to look in that vacation picture!!!!!:smokin: :happy:

Great job!!!!

Lori

739764.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job! In my case, I kind of "gave up" on the idea that I would EVER fit in those smaller sized clothes again, so I donated ALL of them! That was about a month BEFORE I found MFP!!!!!! Now I would be able to wear MOST of the stuff that I donated, and the stuff that I kept?? Well, it's all baggy --- great for working in the garden... LOL I guess TIMING is everything!!

Get out and enjoy that NEW YOU!!!! It's a feeling that only another "loser" can TRULY appreciate!!! :flowerforyou:

HAHA, that is exactly what happened to me! I donated all my clothes about 6 months ago, 3 months before I joined MFP. Now I wish I had all those clothes back! It would've been nice to see how I looked in those pants that I haven't worn for the past 7 years...Oh well, it gave me a good excuse to go clothes shopping these past 2 weeks. :bigsmile:

Congrats on your weight loss! And treat yourself to some new jeans :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!