Question about my progress....

Options
Ok, I have been doing MFP for 3 months now (as well as eating better and exercising). I am continuing to lose in inches, but still not much in pounds. So far I am at:
Thighs- lost 2"
Hips - lost .5"
Tummy- lost 4.5"
Calf- lost 1"
Weight - lost 6 pounds

If I have lost that much in inches, shouldn't I have lost more weight by now? I am happy with the way I look and the way my clothes are fitting, but that darn number on the scale is so hard to get out of my head! Plus, I am still on the line between healthy and overweight! I am 5 ft, 7" and I am at 164 lbs.

I am doing exercise everyday, and staying under my calories. I think I only went over 5 times in the 3 months I have been doing this. I do usually have anywhere from 50-200 calories left each day that I don't eat, but I don't think that is enough to go into starvation mode. I also do weights 4-5 times a week. Am I just toning muscle, but not really losing weight? I feel like I am only doing something half right here!

Any advice would be great!

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    Ok, I have been doing MFP for 3 months now (as well as eating better and exercising). I am continuing to lose in inches, but still not much in pounds. So far I am at:
    Thighs- lost 2"
    Hips - lost .5"
    Tummy- lost 4.5"
    Calf- lost 1"
    Weight - lost 6 pounds

If I have lost that much in inches, shouldn't I have lost more weight by now? I am happy with the way I look and the way my clothes are fitting, but that darn number on the scale is so hard to get out of my head! Plus, I am still on the line between healthy and overweight! I am 5 ft, 7" and I am at 164 lbs.

I am doing exercise everyday, and staying under my calories. I think I only went over 5 times in the 3 months I have been doing this. I do usually have anywhere from 50-200 calories left each day that I don't eat, but I don't think that is enough to go into starvation mode. I also do weights 4-5 times a week. Am I just toning muscle, but not really losing weight? I feel like I am only doing something half right here!

Any advice would be great!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Not really... everyone looses differently! You are losing inches. That's awesome..

As some people say, Rome wasn't built in a day! :wink:

You are doing good! Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    well I think your progress is great. you really don't have a TON to lose... your body is firming up and that means you're gaining muscle, and losing fat which is GREAT. Try not to worry too much about what the scale reads, just mind how your body feels and looks. You're doing great!
  • BigCityKittyz
    Options
    Wowzers! I know ...it's like how can something you're doing so right for yourself...be wrong on the scale?

Stay with it....My trainer keeps reminding me about the muscle weighing more than fat and the tape measure is my new scale....and of course the way i fit in my clothes too.

I know it can be sooooo frustrating being "trained" on a scale for results ....but like I told my trainer...I don't care if I weigh a ton as long as I'm healthy...getting fit....and loving the results.

HANG in THERE....and take a break from the scale for a few days.....I know its hard....a weaning process...but I don't weigh myself for a week or 2. I just know I'm eating right....excercising and active again...and LOVING IT!:heart:
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Thanks for this post.....I am kind of in the same boat. I have been on for about 2 months and lost 5 pounds. (Before joining I lost about 15 more). I have maybe 10 or 15 more to go. I can tell that my body is looking better, but the scale has slowed down!!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. So even though your scale isn't budging, but your body is shrinking, you're still loosing fat. Your just building muscle, which is holding everything in tighter. Plus the more muscle you have the more calories you burn just sitting there! Good job for all the hard work! :drinker:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more *per volume than fat.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. Several years back, I lost 40 pounds (starting at a weight that was 20 pounds lighter then I started at this time, too) and only went down 1 size! This time around, (the last time!), I've lost 30 pounds and have down down almost 3 sizes--so it just depends on you, your body, and what wacky thing your body plans to do next! :tongue: