Protien powder/ shake recipe ideas

Options
So i have come to the verdict that I definatly need to get protien powder in my diet to assure i get enough protien. Ive never used powder before....Would love recomendations on kinds that are good. Also welcome shake recipes or food to mix it in with that have worked well for people
Thanks

Replies

• SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1 cup of skim milk
    1 cup of water
    1 banana
    1 tspn of honey
    low fat yogurt ( I use chobani 2% low fat pineapple or any kind)
    Ice
    The you can use a scoop of protein if you want extra protien.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk chocolate protein powder.

1 cup Ice
    1 cup water
    1 Cup Skim Milk
    1/2 of a small avocado
    as much spinach as you want :)
    1 banana
    2 scoops of protein powder.

Blend until smooth

(optional- I need Higher calories so I add 4oz of plain greek yogurt. The "nonfat" has more sugar and carbs so I just stick with traditional Plain)

Avocado makes it thick and it tastes like a chocolate banana milkshake. You can't even taste the spinach!
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is the protein powder I use http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/isobolic.html along with this as the mixing liquid http://www.eggbeaters.com/egg-substitute-products/egg-whites?gclid=CO3XwM7T_rMCFQUFnQodlC8Aag Plus I add a banana and blackstrap molasses!
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    keep em comin
  • mlanggin88
    mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have used a couple and I really like them both equally.

1. Simply Right Wellness and Nutritions 100% Whey Protien
    2. Muscle Tech Whey Protien Delux Chocolate

I will take a 1/2-1 scoop to 1 cup 1% milk after each work out or as an afternoon snack on the weekends. You should try it some time. I get mine at my local Sams or Costco depending on location.
  • anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Had this For breakfast yesterday:

2 scoops Genuine Health Proteins - Natural Chocolate
    1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt plain
    1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    Dash of Cinnamon
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup water

Very filling!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't typically make shakes because drinking something is much less satisfying to me than just eating the same ingredients. So, I usually just add my protein powder to food. My typical breakfast is old fashioned oatmeal made me a mix of almond milk and 1% milk with a banana, half serving of chocolate protein powder (Optimum Nutrition) and a tbsp. of flax meal. I also use vanilla (EAS) with plain non-fat greek yogurt and then add a mix of fruits and some kind of crunch. Typically that's either strawberries or blueberries with some kind of granola or dried cramberries and walnuts. Try just thinking of what could use some flavor and then add some in! I used to flavor my oatmeal with vanilla extract but don't need to now with the powder in there.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm using Jillian Michael's whey protein powder (vanilla) and it's alright, but I think I might want to change it up. I've had a few people rec some different ones.

But right now, I use

1/2 cup almond milk (either regular or unsweetened)
    1 scoop of powder
    and 1 TBL peanut butter if I need a few more calories

Whip it up in my Magic Bullet blender. Oh my balls. So good.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'vot the chocolae peanut butter protein powder.

Taste good blended with skim milk/water + 1 banana. Thats how I always drank it. The banana kicks the protein flavor I think.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Whip it up in my Magic Bullet blender. Oh my balls. So good.

The Magic Bullet is fantastic for protein shakes! On the advice of a guy in GNC I bought some Promasil protein powder. I add i scoop of the powder to 6 ounces of 1% milk, then add i cup of frozen fruit (usually strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries) then let the Magic Bullet do it's thing...tastes just like a milkshake with the same consistency too. Strawberry is my favourite.

I've tried other protein powders but either didn't like the taste or had trouble getting them to mix properly. I love Promasil.
  • MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I mix two scoops of Nyogin with 6 oz of water and flavor it with a dash of Mio.
  • peters112
    Options
    I use a scoop of Gold Standard 100% White Chocolate Whey, about 8 oz. of fat free milk or almond milk, half a banana, and a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter w/ honey. I drink that after pretty much every workout! You can cut out some of the pb just to watch calories, but it does also add to the protein!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    BUMP.. love me some new shake ideas!:drinker: