what is you favorite smoothie??

Options
justmeeh91
justmeeh91 Posts: 42 Member
Hi all. :)
I have been on a smoothie kick. my favorite one so far is 2/3 cup of frozen blueberries, 1/4 large banana, 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt, and 1 tbls honey, and a little milk! I am wanting to put spinach in the mix, just for nutrition reasons. :) has anyone put spinach in their smoothie?? what is your favorite at home smoothie?? :)

Replies

• Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I put Spinach and/or kale in my smoothies, you can't taste it, I also use almond or coconut milk, it's healthier!
  • irishgrim
    Options
    Hi all. :)
    I have been on a smoothie kick. my favorite one so far is 2/3 cup of frozen blueberries, 1/4 large banana, 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt, and 1 tbls honey, and a little milk! I am wanting to put spinach in the mix, just for nutrition reasons. :) has anyone put spinach in their smoothie?? what is your favorite at home smoothie?? :)

I only make smoothies now if they have spinach in it. Check out eatingbirdfood.com and Britany has a recipe for the "Green Elvis". It is amazing. That is my go-to smoothie!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1 banana
    2 tbsp of chocolate pb2

that's my go to.
  • justmeeh91
    Options
    I put Spinach and/or kale in my smoothies, you can't taste it, I also use almond or coconut milk, it's healthier!

Ill be sure to get some almond milk! :) thanks!
  • justmeeh91
    Options
    I only make smoothies now if they have spinach in it. Check out eatingbirdfood.com and Britany has a recipe for the "Green Elvis". It is amazing. That is my go-to smoothie!

Im going there right now! will try it! :)
  • justmeeh91
    Options
    1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1 banana
    2 tbsp of chocolate pb2

that's my go to.

oooh, sounds really yum!! where do you buy pb2 at?
  • GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    SOUNDS DELICIOUS...I SHOULD TRY MAKING A HOMEMADE SMOOTHIE SOMETIME. CURRENTLY, I TRIED A LOW FAT SMOOTHIE FROM PANERA BREAD. IT WAS DELICIOUS!
  • sherriestone
    Options
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/3 cup frozen rasberry
    Crystal light pomagranate powder
    2 TBS. International sugar free hazelnut creamer
    Water
    Ice
    Really good!!
  • ksugirl13
    ksugirl13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I put spinach and kale in the smoothies and if you freeze it first it lasts longer and gets rid of the sometimes bitter aftertaste that the kale gives you. You have to get over the color, but honestly can't taste them over the fruit and it's so much healthier!
  • justmeeh91
    Options
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/3 cup frozen rasberry
    Crystal light pomagranate powder
    2 TBS. International sugar free hazelnut creamer
    Water
    Ice
    Really good!!

wow, sounds interesting!!! Ill have to try it! :) thanks for sharing that. feel free to add me.
  • justmeeh91
    Options
    I put spinach and kale in the smoothies and if you freeze it first it lasts longer and gets rid of the sometimes bitter aftertaste that the kale gives you. You have to get over the color, but honestly can't taste them over the fruit and it's so much healthier!

Good idea on freezing them! I bought a big thing of spinach, afraid it will go bad before i can use it all, since im the only one eating it!!! I havent tried kale yet, but i plan on getting some soon! :)
  • mkrathbun10
    Options
    I usually do 8-12 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 scoops protein powder (usually chocolate), 2 T PB2, and 1-2 frozen bananas.Yum!
  • Km0714
    Km0714 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    not really a smoothie but cut up a banana and put it in the freezer for a couple hours, then put it in the blender with 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt and 1 or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Blend, and then eat with a spoon! Sometimes i add a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips! so good!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    oooh, sounds really yum!! where do you buy pb2 at?

I found mine at whole foods market, but I think you can order it online as well.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a protein smoothie.

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 to 1 1/2 cups ice
    2 tsp. matcha green tea powder
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    sweeten to your liking with whatever you choose (splenda, equal, stevia, etc)

Toss into the blender and mix under 100% smooth and creamy. Super yummy. Around 250 calories, 35 grams protein and 10 grams of carb.
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My favorite is:

1 c. frozen whole strawberries (no sugar added)
    1/2 c. frozen blueberries (no sugar added)
    1/2 c. natural applesauce
    1 c. light vanilla soymilk (or more as needed) - (can also use vanilla rice milk or almond milk)
    1 large handful of spinach

This has been a favorite for 2+ years now - I never get tired of it! :happy:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I love the green tea sensation from Robek's that's basically just green tea and yogurt. They also have a nice "tropi-kale" smoothie.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein
    Vanilla Chai tea
    Cinnamon sugar

Chocolate protein
    Pb or Pb2

mmmmmmmmm!

I don't like fruit smoothies, but protein = HEAVEN!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie almost every day:

2 cups spinach (or handful)
    cilantro (fresh)
    1 bananas
    1 apple
    1 pear
    cinnamon
    slice of ginger

enjoy... (I even drink this one warm in the winter... just let it blend a little longer)
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a protein smoothie.

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 to 1 1/2 cups ice
    2 tsp. matcha green tea powder
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    sweeten to your liking with whatever you choose (splenda, equal, stevia, etc)

Toss into the blender and mix under 100% smooth and creamy. Super yummy. Around 250 calories, 35 grams protein and 10 grams of carb.

THANK YOU! I must try!