Mini Goals

Options
I was just wondering, what is the most effective/reasonable way to set your mini goals? I didn't make any the first time I used MFP and I ended up quitting after a month. I was thinking the mini goals would make me stay focused and motivated. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• RockNRollWeekender
    RockNRollWeekender Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well I just went ahead and "guess-timated" my own little mini goals without anyones advice. If these seem ridiculous, please someone let me know. :] Thanks.
  • xvonniexxx
    Options
    I dont think its ridiculous at all, Im going slow with my goals not setting them too high keeps me motivated any weight loss is a loss at the end of the day.

Good Luck.
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    Thanks for the response and insight. 'Tis true...any weight loss is a loss at the end of the day. I like that. Last week I worked pretty hard and only lost 0.2 lbs...I didn't even check in 'cuz I was thinking "meh!" :]
    But I feel a little bit better now.
    And by the way, congrats on your weight loss!
  • aprilwilliamsba
    aprilwilliamsba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I set my mini goals at 4-5 lbs per month. I have MFP set for 1 lbs a week loss, so I figure this is the most realistic thing to do. I figure the last 5 or so lbs are going to be the hardest, but I'll have to wait and see when I get there!
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    @Amber - thanks for the reply. I actually just re-did my mini goals and made them more realistic. I've actually been at sort of a plateau lately. i lost 0.2 lbs the one week and NOTHING the 2 weeks after. Frustrating. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. I'm NOT giving up. It may just be muscle and I know I will be able to tell in the end. I would rather see the pay off now though. :]
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have my mini goals set at 5 lbs per month. I find that to be pretty reasonable for me. I also have rewards attached to getting to my goals for motivation :D
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    my mini goals are the 5 weeks i do. you can see how i put it on my page. :) it works well for me, it shows me if im on track or not. and i want to be on track sooo if im not. i work harder to make sure it happens.

maybe for you it can be 3 weeks instead of 5 weeks.

my biggest goal is to NO MATTER WHAT be 145 by March 2 i would have lost 100 lbs then :) and i will give myself a huge treat :) maybe go on a shopping spring. doesnt matter the cost or where. :) cheap or expensive :) and new shoes and all that great stuff :)

the mini ones. i give myself maybe something i would enjoy having. like maybe a hair cut or get my nails done. or just be out an doing about. also quotes and time and efforts helps me keep motivated :) i post quotes everyday :) maybe that would help :)

add me if you wish :)