New to MFP! Hoping to lose 30lbs by June.

Options
Could use advice, encouragement and support to keep on track!

Replies

• minihaha80
    Options
    Friend request sent, we can do it together :smile:
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Friend me! I'm new on here to and looking to add friends for support and accountability =)
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We can be friend.... Support is the key here on MFP! :)
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request.

Browse the forums for tons of inspiration and info.
  • poc1919
    poc1919 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of AWESOMENESS! you will love it here! Add me as a friend, ill also help you stay on track! Like a previous post, we can ALL do this together! :)
  • zvezda11
    zvezda11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also just sent a friend request. It is always nice to have friends for accountability =)
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    hard work, dedication, motivation will get you there. Be prepared to kick some *kitten* and you will get there. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can totally lose 30lbs by June!!! Friend me if you like...
    Good luck, work hard and you will hit your goal.
  • ErikaNichele
    Options
    You can totally do it!! I lost 35lbs pounds last year from January to May. The key is to stick with it become addicted to myfitnesspal and look forward to cheering on the friends you will gain here and they (we) will cheer you on in return.
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds last year (from January-May) and mfp was a HUGE part of it.
    1. Track EVERYTHING (even ketsup, even a bite of your kids food, even a taste of a dish while cooking.)
    It helped me get in the mindset that everything put into my body are calories and used as fuel to get the weight off

2. Try to do something physical everyday, even if it's just sweeping/mopping- you can always turn up music and make it into an aerobic exercise. I also liked to go on long walks with and without my family.

3. I cut out all breads, sugar (except once a week), and dairy for a solid 6 weeks. Then, I had lost most of my weight and I gradually started enjoying them again as cheat/reward meals.

4. Looking at other people's meals and exercise helped me. Sometimes it introduces you to healthy ways to enjoy your favorite foods/new recipes and seeing other people exercises really motivated me to keep pushing myself. Make friends that help keep you accountable and are ready to question you if you get off track.

5. It's ok to mess up! Just start over the next day and try again. I "gave up" 3 times (broke down and had McDonalds). But I started the next day with healthy choices and kept going.

Good luck! You can do this!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That's a reasonable and attainable goal. You can do it!
  • sent you a friend request...

here to support in any way that I can..