Hi! I'm Shelly

shellygerritsma
shellygerritsma Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
So....as we all know it is bathing suit season! And of course we all want to look our best....but for me...I am also trying to just find some much needed balance and gradually get back into working out after having some medical issues.

May 16th I had a full abdominal hysterectomy (surgery no.5....and I am only 29 years old) after long complications with Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovaries.

I feel better than I have in YEARS!!! That's the great news......the hardest part is just being antsy to get over recovery and begin to do more again.

For right now I am just working on drinking more water and eating better. I will add exercise as my Dr. sees fit. I can't do a whole lot until weeks 6-8 post-op.

If anyone could let me know how their recoveries went from similar surgeries or abdominal surgeries....I would love to hear from you!!!

Replies

• So....as we all know it is bathing suit season! And of course we all want to look our best....but for me...I am also trying to just find some much needed balance and gradually get back into working out after having some medical issues.

May 16th I had a full abdominal hysterectomy (surgery no.5....and I am only 29 years old) after long complications with Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovaries.

I feel better than I have in YEARS!!! That's the great news......the hardest part is just being antsy to get over recovery and begin to do more again.

For right now I am just working on drinking more water and eating better. I will add exercise as my Dr. sees fit. I can't do a whole lot until weeks 6-8 post-op.

If anyone could let me know how their recoveries went from similar surgeries or abdominal surgeries....I would love to hear from you!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    yikes, I am so sorry for your situation! Welcome to MFP, hopefully the recovery goes quickly and you are fit and healthy from here on out! Welcome and good luck, we are here if you need us!

Kerri :flowerforyou:
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    I would ask your doc about how he or she feels about you moving some major muscle groups around to get some tone and good feelings even better. My niece has had very similar surgeries and is now doing so very well. I just know you are going to do fabulous. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.