Does this work? Really?

Options
Hi,
Does counting calories work without exercise?

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's all about maintaining a calorie deficit (eating less calories than you burn). You can definitely do it although I'd prefer not to. There are plenty of examples of people on here who have lost significant amounts of weight without exercising. If you don't want to specifically exercise you could try just adding more incidental exercise into your day. Take the stairs, park further away from the shops etc.
  • Kirijyma
    Options
    Yes it does work, I've tried it with and without exercise. I lost more working out than I did without it but it still works even if you don't exercise.
  • fitguy31
    fitguy31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Worked, and will hopefully continue to work, for me - it's just been slower than it might have been had I exercised as well :smile:
  • fitguy31
    fitguy31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without working out to a point. When our bodies lose weight our metabolism actually lowers. The reason for this is the heavier you are the more calories or (energy) your body will require. So if you have a weight loss goal in mind and would like to keep that weight off a highly suggest doing a bit of weight training to add lean muscle mass. This will help to increase your metabolism so that when you lose weight your body still burns a high amount of calories. I have met several people who have lost weight through dieting and did not keep it off because as soon as they got off the diet the weight cam right back on.