Anyone else doing Paleo?

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP and am going from a whole food diet to Paleo.
So far i'ts going well, but still miss pop corn and tortillas.

Replies

• Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    I usually preach the Paleo method although I don't believe in the super low carb component. If you're doing resistance training with no carb intake you're asking for trouble.

If god made it - Good.
    If man made it - Bad... except beer.... I love beer.
    If it comes in a box, eat the box. It probably has more fiber.
    If it has more than three ingredients listed I usually freak out and put it back on the shelf.
    Grains are the undoing of human health and destroying the landscape
  • SkyFire1
    Options
    I'm doing a 10% carb, 20% protien& 70% fat.

When I get to goal I'll increase the carbs to maybe 20%-30% or so depending on what will maintain the weight loss. Just go slow so it stays off.
  • Trainypooh
    Trainypooh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am strict on my paleo dieting... except when I eat Chipotle haha. Other than that, its fresh veggies and lean meats. oh and I take supplements too.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    [EDIT]
    I meant to quote Jester522:

"If god made it - Good.
    If man made it - Bad... except beer.... I love beer.
    If it comes in a box, eat the box. It probably has more fiber.
    If it has more than three ingredients listed I usually freak out and put it back on the shelf.
    Grains are the undoing of human health and destroying the landscape"

[original text]
    Hi,

My comment here is in ignorance not dispute.

Please advise why grains, when God made them, are an exception.

Is it because we don't have beaks ? We are however omnivores.

Enlighten me, I have an open mind (considering Paleo-ish :wink: ).

Thanks
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I'm going to start Paleo as soon as I eat up all the non-Paleo food in the freezer. My neighbor has been doing it for a couple of weeks, and has done fantastic. She's lost a bunch of weight, and doesn't crave carbs or sweets anymore. It's pretty encouraging. She's even cheated some, and still lost.

I've still got a lot of legumes to eat up, but have done ok my first week on MFP. I can tell that just writing everything I eat is forcing me to make better choices. Even when I go over my calories, I know I'm still not eating NEAR as badly as I would normally.

So, add me as a friend, and we'll make this journey together.
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of Paleo people here. Love the Paleo lifestyle.
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I decided to start doing things more Paleo myself. Not convinced yet about giving up carbs completely (potatoes? Come on! Ireland wouldn't exist if it werent for potatoes - imagine a world without U2.....shudder.)

Gonna do my best to try and go Paleo at it. Lost 18kgs from June 2011 to Dec 2011 - spent 2012 putting 6kgs back on (bad I know.) - I have maintained the running (Started with Couch to 5K - a brilliant plan) but still put on weight. Which just goes to show, "you can't outrun a bad diet."

Good luck to all the other MFPers out there!
  • NikMosch
    NikMosch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Paleo all the way! It is a lifestyle choice that is helping me lose weight and manage my PCOS without medication. For anyone looking for more information, Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution is a fantastic resource.