I work Night shift and its causing issues =/

Anybody have any advice? I was doing AWESOME when I had the two weeks off for xmas vacation but now that im back at work (working 11pm-7am) I find it near impossible to lose weight!!! Idk when im actually sposta eat or anything =/ Any advice?!

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    You have to find what works for you. A lot of people change their food diaries to blocks of time instead of meals. Its up to you how you manage the when to eat and how to log it. Different things work for different people.

Good luck :happy:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    I personally don't eat before 1-2 PM . I don't feel the need to because I'm not hungry and my schedule isn't like others since I work 2nd and 3rd shifts that I don't feel the need to follow a standard eating schedule. This works for me because then I have more calories for my late night work. Sometime I won't even eat until like 5 especially if I'm not hungry. It really depends on the day. But I find I like working out when I haven't eaten more than when I have
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 775 Member
    just do your meals starting from when you wake up
    or reverse it

dinner when you get up, lunch , then b4 bed have breakfast

it should really be no different than if you worked days, your body can't tell time good luck
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    I have had the same problem. I work the same shift you do typing medical records (sitting all night long)... I found the best thing to do is try to eat something every two hours while you are awake. A lot of time my "breakfast" in my diary looks like other people's dinners and "dinner" is breakfast food (before I go to bed in the morning). Trying to get in sleep while everyone else is up is hard and then working a night shift and eating enough had proven very hard for me.. but snacking on something (fruit/cheese/nuts) every few hours while awake seems to be helping me. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend... cindy
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    I think this is an issue for any of us that work shift work. I rotate from days to nights and back all the time. I work 12's, so it is a bit different for me, but if you're working a steady night shift, I treat it as you would if you were working in daylight hours (that's what I do, doesn't work for everyone though). Find a system that works for you and stick to it :smile:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 479 Member
    im a bartender so i work weird hours and wake up at weird hours... i go to bed usually at like 4 and wake up at like 12ish and wake up around 11 when i dont work.... what i do is follow the 3 hour rule no matter what time i wake up or go to bed... at work we arent really allowed to take breaks (labor laws much?) but i take a lunch no matter what just cause im a rebel... within that time i eat protein and my veggies and during my work shift i nibble on edemame and almonds... that way im never starving and i can keep my metabolism up... my best advice is pack ur lunch and follow the 3 hour rule... eating a little something every 3 hours will help u get through ur work schedule :]