What are you eating this weekend?

Options
megziejo
megziejo Posts: 47 Member
I'm attempting to really give up my junk food ways. ;) I eat very healthy most days but then Friday night rolls around and it's family movie night and I want something quick and easy to throw together. I've made a lot of adjustments to some of our regular Friday night dinners by lightening up pizza or making healthy burgers and fries. I just would love some new ideas!

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A whole wheat pasta with a home made sauce can be good, I sneak in extra veggies that my son won't eat by using my food processor. I keep sauce in the freezer so it's always at hand. I usually do a bunch of cooking once a week then I have leftovers to spare.
  • megziejo
    Options
    :) yeah we usually have a pasta dish earlier in the week. I typically cook a bunch in the weekends too. Was hoping for some "fun" meal ideas. I'm thinking of doing baked chicken finders with roasted veggies for a fake chicken strips and fries. Maybe a steamed cauliflower with cheese sauce instead of baked Mac n cheese. My kids are so used to eating healthy they don't give me too much trouble about veggies. In fact if I don't put vegetables in a dish they think something is missing. But they def love their kid food (and I miss it too) soo just looking for some new ideas.
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My kids love spaghetti tacos. hungygirl.com has a heathier version and its awesome!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    chik fil a nuggets.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm making Pad Thai using Shirataki noodles so super low cal. Also my turkey chili that comes out at about 350 calories for a huge bowl.

Also making Chocolate muffins using canned pumpkin and a box of cake mix. (haven't tried this yet but it came highly recommended)
  • sally414
    Options
    Friday I am going to make some type of vegetarian pasta for dinner... maybe with some warm crusty Italian bread...

Saturday my husband and I are going to a football party so we will see what options are at the host's house. I need to bring something and was thinking of a healthy slaw of some kind...

Sundays we usually do something easy like homemade pizzas, etc.
  • megziejo
    Options
    Hmm ok sounds good. Anymore?
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday. I'm going to go to one of the best sushi restaurants in the country and eat myself stupid.
  • megziejo
    Options
    It's my birthday. I'm going to go to one of the best sushi restaurants in the country and eat myself stupid.

Mmmm, :love: sushi, jealous! :grumble: