Getting more calories.

Options
Hey all, I have a horrible time actually getting the proper amount of calories. Crazy I know, but I just am not eating enough. Any ideas?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Easy. 2 tablespoons of peanut butter are nearly 200 calories. Half of an avocado is around 160 calories. 6 dried apricots are 100 calories (just ate some tonight!). A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil is around 100 calories. There are plenty of calorie dense foods you can eat to fill your needs.
  • Juggernoobs
    Options
    Nuts, get some of those down you, a handful of 50g (little bit more than a handful) is like 300+ calories. Peanut butter. I love a high calorie protein shake also.
  • teresadownumdavis
    Options
    I have the same problem, I find myself thinking what else can I eat and get the right outcome, maybe I'm just over analyzing it, great tips tho and the apricots sound yummo.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    People get too caught up in calories and don't acknowledge that a lot of calorie-dense foods provide tons of health benefits in the form of proteins, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals. I eat all the above with the exception of olive oil as I do coconut instead.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I ate over 2600 calories today. Feel free to look at my diary.
  • DreamofGenie2012
    DreamofGenie2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try to get healthy calories; avocadoes, nuts, peanut butter, cheese... Those pack on the calories, without so much cellulite.