Weight Loss Studies

Options
Everyone says that green tea helps speed up your metabolism, but what about other studies on weight loss? In particular,

I'm looking at this article: http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/photos/30-fast-new-fat-burners#0
and wondering which facts are more solid than others. For instance, there's one part in here that says that exercising for 60 minutes, yet stopping half-way thru to take a 20 minute break is more effective than going straight through the 60 minutes.

Does anyone have anything to say about these kind of studies that are just kind of popping up all the time?

Replies

• dfquigley
    dfquigley Posts: 186
    Options
    Most of them have either very little actual weight behind them, or the benefits are so miniscule that they may as well be ignored.

Drinking green tea may have some health benefits, and is definitely better than sodas etc. but the weight loss anyone can expect from it can be wiped out with a couple of skittles.

Plus, for most people we only have so much time to exercise, if that means that we have an hour, then we're better off spending that hour exercising, rather than only 40 minutes exercising because we are taking a break 20 minutes in.

Do what works for you, and gets you motivated to move more, and eat better.

I lost 50 pounds in 7 months by just making lifestyle changes, no gimmicks, fatburners, miracle studies, just eating cleaner, tracking food and putting in the time. Finding something you enjoy helps a lot!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Green tea is only effective at aiding fat loss if you are following a low carb diet. Here is some good reading: http://blog.metaboliceffect.com/2012/10/30/can-you-burn-cellulite/
  • silentmeowth
    silentmeowth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Does anyone have anything to say about these kind of studies that are just kind of popping up all the time?

yes. i say to ignore them. there will always be studies saying this, that, or the other. some will be legit. others will be utter garbage. but eating in a calorie deficit while doing moderate to intense exercise will work every time.