Recipes help Please!

Options
Im new to this site, so need help please. There are currently no recipes under the recipe tab? I thought that would be where I go looking for great recipes with all the calculations already worked out??? Am I doing something wrong? I wouldn't have a clue how to work it all out for a family meal.

Replies

• dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The recipes tab is a place for you to input your own home recipes and have MFP work all the numbers out for you. You add ingredients just like you would from the database and MFP breaks the entire recipe down into the number of servings you specify and then shows the nutrition information per serving. For example, if you make a homemade batch of chili or a quiche, you can find out the nutrition facts for a cup of chili or 1/4 the quiche.

If you're looking for meal ideas, a lot of people on the boards like www.skinnytaste.com :) Hope that helps!
  • jillithia
    Options
    The recipes tab is where you can add your own recipes to calculate the calories per serving. You can search for recipes under the community tab...just click search. I have a (healthier) protein brownie recipe I made up to help me get my chocolate fix. I would be happy to share if you're interested... Good luck to you!!
  • kelzjarvis
    Options
    The recipes tab is where you can add your own recipes to calculate the calories per serving. You can search for recipes under the community tab...just click search. I have a (healthier) protein brownie recipe I made up to help me get my chocolate fix. I would be happy to share if you're interested... Good luck to you!!

Id be interested too!!
  • NatalieG70
    Options
    Awesome! thank you
  • NatalieG70
    Options
    I'm a real chocoholic - I'd love your recipe please :smile:
  • NatalieG70
    Options
    thanks for the advise - I'll give it a go...