Getting started!! :)

Options
Hi! I'm new here as well, and don't really know how the community here works, but would be happy to add people and be added!!!I Weight loss is a battle, no matter how much u want to lose. About me: I am 32, Latin American, live in Munich, Germany (German husband) and work half time (from 8am to 1pm) in a Kindergarten, which sorta keeps me on my feet. I love my work, even though I studied Law, working with kids brings much more joy into my life :) I am pretty tall for a Hispanic girl at 5'7, got married 3 years ago, and had to relocate here, learn German and begin a new life. I battle with body image issues, especially since my two sisters are very slim, and my Mother always thought thin is beautiful, and I am a big thighed amazonian built woman, lol. I like high powered work outs, like aerobics and dance, and do it well, I have danced most my life. I busted my knee a few months back which kept me off dancing (so sad!) and then I had a miscarriage a couple weeks back. All of this (knee, troubled pregnancy, miscarriage) kept me from working out, and I think my hormones are still a bit crazy and making me gain weight by just breathing bc my eating habits have not changed, although I did stop working out due to my knee for about 3 months and during the duration of my pregnancy. I am 75,6 kg, a whopping 167 lbs, and I NEED to get back in track. Seriously, my thighs cannot handle this anymore, and my knee cannot benefit from all this weight!!! I would love some company and support in this journey :) Give me an add, why don'tcha! :wink:

Replies

• floramobile
    floramobile Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi NudBea!

I just read you message and I totally know how you feel! I am a tall Canadian girl (5'8") and I live in Scotland. I am currently staying in Leeds, England, trying to relocate here to live with my boyfriend/partner. It is a big move for me and I hope everything works out! I am a Chartered Accountant, but I recently quit my job because the stress of working until midnight every day was just too much. I would love to work with children, so hopefully, one day I will be able to do the switch!

I am new on this as well and this is my first time every writing anything on a message board. I wanted to let you know that you are not big at all! At 75.6 kg and 5'7" it seems very normal! But, I understand that it is all about how you feel. I used to be 110 kgs four years ago since I had a very bad swelling problem in my legs. I have worked very hard to lose most of the weight and I am still working on my swelling problem. I need to keep moving my legs (i.e. running or swimming), but most of the time it is very hard to get the motivation to do so! I got down to 76 kilos about 6 months ago, but now after Christmas I am a whopping 83 kilos! I feel so awful. I am lucky that my boyfriend thinks I still look great just the way I am, but I would like to get down to 72 kilos. I am going to try to reduce my carbs (especially at 3pm!) and will hopefully get a routine of at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. I need to remind myself that even a little light walk about the block is better than nothing!

It would be great for me too to know that there is someone else going through the same thing! So what are you diet/exercise plans for the week? :smile:
  • Robbo1tp
    Options
    I would be happy to added if anyone likes. Happily married 4 kids 96 kg looking to loose another 20kg. I'm an Aussie bloke who loved to eat meat pies. Lol. Good luck
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    Add me, I'll help you stay motivated. Gotta make each day better by feeling better about yourself.
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me for any support, and well done on making the decision to start :)