Which Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
Hello!

I would like to invest in a HRM for e.g- spin/kick boxing classes and also for when I go out running.

Knowing exactly how many calories I've burned is a big motivator for me to push myself in classes or run that extra half a mile!

Any suggestions - which is the "best" heart rate monitor? Which one do you recommend I buy?

Cheap and cheerful would be lovely, but don't want an innaccurate HRM! Can probably afford up to £50, but willing to go a little higher if it's a fab piece of kit!

Cheers

Replies

• dylsmom99
    dylsmom99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    im loving my polar h7... not bulky.. accurate.. and good apps
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying :) How much was that one? x
  • swanarae
    Options
    Polar HRM, but it depends on what you want it to do as to which one you should get
    Go to the polar website and use the product finder and it will help you decide what to purchase.
  • Rodderick89
    Options
    Thanks - the Polar ones look a little pricey, but they have rave reviews online, hmm! Early birthday present to myself I think!

Any other suggestions from MFPals?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT4 is probably the most reasonably priced HRM you'll get that provides all the basics and is reliable. You need something with a chest strap. You'll see all kinds of Walmart type makes with touch pads but I don't know anyone who has one that is happy with it. If you want a HRM you might as well get a good one from the start instead of spending money twice.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you're budgeting, the FT4 is a good basic monitor. I got mine on Amazon for around $60. With HRMs, the cheaper ones simply aren't worth buying.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i've got a zephyr and use it on a chest strap. i like it a lot. makes me feel like a superhero.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. It's not cheap though, but I love it.
  • Rodderick89
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I think there is definitely some logic in only buying one decent one right off the mark, rather than buying twice! Will be researching which is the best Polar HRM for me (have had a few people outside of MFP suggest Polar too!) and hopefully will get one this week! Thanks!! :)
  • cameylogan
    cameylogan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT4 Ive heard lots of great reviews on it, cant wait to get it and try it out!