Zumba

Options
I did Zumba last night in my living room, using the Wii.

Nearly died.

Doing it again tonight :o)

Replies

• Frenchy86
    Options
    Zumba Rocks! I did it last night too in a class hrm recorded 600+ cal burn!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Its more fun though in a class, but often hard for me to get to. Enjoy and have fun
  • Dianak005
    Dianak005 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really want to try Zumba. I want to try it out on either my Wii or xbox with connect before I am brave enough to go to a class. So wii or Xbox is what I am having a hard time deciding on. Anyone have opinions of one or both?
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time last week on my Xbox. I got Zumba rush and it is lots of fun. I like how you dont need any kind of controller.
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing 1 hour of low impact Zumba? I just started and when I put Zumba into cardiovascular activity nothing showed up. Thanks in advance!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it!!

Zumba is my Favorite ... Been doing it for over 2 years now...
    The DVD's or the Video games are good but if you can TRY A CLASS they are awesome!!

Zumba.com and click on find a class then just type in your zip and there you have it.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing 1 hour of low impact Zumba? I just started and when I put Zumba into cardiovascular activity nothing showed up. Thanks in advance!

The amount of calories depends on your fitness level. In order to get a good idea, it is best if you know how high your HR got.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Go to Zumbacalories.com

I usually do pretty High Intensity and if I log Med Intensity on that website it is pretty close to my HRM burn. So If I forget to wear it I can always just use this website... Hope that helps :)
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Calorie burn from Zumba varies from person to person. Last night I did what I consider to be medium intensity and burned 791 calories. I'm 5'9" and 196lbs right now. I've burned up to 800 calories in an hour class. This all according to my HRM. Before I had an HRM I logged it as high or low intensity aerobics but soon found out it was grossly understated in comparison to my HRM.

LOVE Zumba with my XBox Kinect because there is no controller but I agree with the other poster that said it is much more fun in a class!! I attend classes 3-5 days a week and it's such a blast!! I've built several new relationships with the ladies I Zumba with!!