Input from adults please?

Options
2»

Replies

• carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't wait to hear what comes of this question (if you'll excuse the pun)!

I think it might be hard to calculate calories burned during sex accurately for a number of good reasons, not the least of which is the need to attach O2 uptake monitors, heart rate monitors etc, without breaking the mood.

I figure you would have to calculate based on quite a few variables:
    - Those of us who have had forty some odd years to perfect our technique might use less calories.
    - Married? I understand illicit sex is more stressful than the sanctioned kind and might use more calories.
    - If married, for how long? And are there small children? Best of intentions aside there comes a time when some of the bionk goes out of your boink, if you know what I mean.
    - Top or bottom? If bottom how much does the top weigh?,
    - Who's doing the most work (is either of you just lying back and thinking of England)?
    - Kink? And if so, is it athletic kink? Any chandeliers involved?
    - If in a car, particularly a small car, I would think extra calories would be required for logistics.
    - If whipped cream, chocolate sauce or other delight were involved an adjstment would be required...... (And just how many calories are there in edible panties?)

And so it goes. Perhaps we should consider sex the reward and not part of the diet......

^^^ amazing!!!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i tend to log it as aerobics
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You're just trying to rub it in our faces that you're having sex and some of us aren't because we're single.
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You're just trying to rub it in our faces that you're having sex and some of us aren't because we're single.

And some of us are married with 4 young children - in terms of sex it's kinda like being single really!!!!!:drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Considering that it takes me at least 10 minutes of full-out effort at the highest resistance on my elliptical to burn 120 calories, I dount that you're burning more than that having sex.

Be realistic.

No, I don't log sex.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    It only counts if its in the gym or on the beach
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    No. Unless you just started, then it's not increasing you daily activity. ONLY count those exercises that are new to your routine. Lots of people who need to lose a few pounds have sex every day. If sex burned as many calories as we all wish it did, we'd all be much thinner and having way more of it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question, do you log sex as an exercise?
    It sounds silly but it can be a lot of work and I feel like it should count to wards calories burned. If you do log sex, what do you put it under and how can I figure up calories burned? I tried doing it another site but it was only 120 calories, that doesn't seem right.

BTW, sorry if this isn't a good place for this question. Its my third post and I'm still new to the forum. :)
    why would you log it? It's work? lol Unless you do it for a living, not sure why you'd feel the need to log it. But hey, we all log different things.:wink:

I would log sex, but not work. My job is sitting at a desk, reading and typing on the computer. There's nothing to log there.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    30 seconds of a date with my right hand in the restroom, while fearing my family sitting outside might hear me is the fastest way for me to get my heart rate up. Heck yeah i log that ish!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

* Most average relationships will be back down to sedentary within a year anyway!

mwah ha ha!!!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that was part of my regular life before like cleaning or shopping, only workouts I do specifically for exercise. Unless you truly stayed home, sat on the couch and did nothing before, I would say those things are included in your allowed calories.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about it one night. I mean if I walk around the mall for an hour I log it, so why not sex? Haha.

I wouldn't log wandering around the mall either unless I was doing walking lunges while I was shopping.

Edited to add: Looking at the OP's bio she's a recovering from an ED, eating at 1,000 calories or less a day with an UGW of less than 100 lbs, so take that for what it's worth in questions about logging exercise.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about it one night. I mean if I walk around the mall for an hour I log it, so why not sex? Haha.

I wouldn't log wandering around the mall either unless I was doing walking lunges while I was shopping.

Edited to add: Looking at the OP's bio she's a recovering from an ED, eating at 1,000 calories or less a day with an UGW of less than 100 lbs, so take that for what it's worth in questions about logging exercise.

yep
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Oh schnap, another one of these threads. Let's just pretend I said something terribly inappropriate and hilarious.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    walking the dog... uphill

Lmao!!!! Yes, this!!!!
  • Debbs83
    Debbs83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No I don't log sex. I also don't log walking or cleaning - they are normal activites and not exercise for me personally. I
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wear a Heart Rate Monitor and figure out how many calories you burn. I suggested I do this once with the Mrs. She wasn't thrilled with the idea. In my book, what ever I burn is just icing on the cake. Let it be one of lifes little mysteries!
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I only log true exercise as activity. So I don't count cleaning, walking the dog, sex. etc. Just my preference, but...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'll file this under activities that burn far fewer calories than people think so that when a post comes back about gaining weight on a deficit I can ask, "do you log and eat back sex calories?" in my response. There are numerous things that people do in their day to day...even something as intense as sex can be that simply don't have the kind of calorie burn that people think they do.

The only way I would even consider it is if I could go a full 30-40 minutes without stopping. Pretty much fantasy land for me, my wife gets me way to hot to go that long.