Help for a Newbie

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so I apologise in advance if this has already been asked/answered...

I am a 43 year old, overwight mum of 4 who works full time in a very sedentry job. I have a problem with my gall bladder which means that I have to eat a resticted diet but although I had to redically change my diet last year, cutting out all fat, red meat, chocolate, almost all forms of alcohol and various other foods that trigger attacks I didn't really lose any significant amount of weight (3.5lb over 4 months).

I downloaded the app at the weekend to try to help me (I currently have a BMI of 35 and want to get it down to <25) as I assumed that even though I was eating a very healthy diet I must still be over-eating (portion size etc) to not lose anything.

I'm already very restricted as to what I can eat so I haven't changed my diet at all since last year, I've just started weighing what I'm eating and filling in my food diary to see where I am. But I'm finding that eating my 'normal' diet is not getting me anywhere near my 1,200 calorie allowance on any day (I usually come in at around 800-850cals) and after I had been to the gym and exercised yesterday according to MFP I was 750cals UNDER what I should have consumed!

So I think that the problem I have is I'm not eating enough calories, which from what I've read on here is a real issue. I eat three meals a day plus snacks of fruit/vegetables/yogurt and I have a glass of skimmed milk every night before bedtime. I can't physically eat any more than I do - but pretty much anything you'd call a 'treat' makes me ill so I can't even top my calories up by having the odd biscuit or packet of crisps... does anyone have any tips? The only thing I can think of to bulk out my calories is non-diet fizzy drinks but I don't really want to go down that route...

Thanks for any assistance or advice you can offer xxx

Replies

• mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    If you make your diary viewable I will have a look at it to see if there are any obvious places where you can improve :0)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Can you eat peanut butter?
  • Hi Mike, I'll try... I might have to do it when I get home from work tonight though - I'm fast running out of lunch break!

Hi justsomerandom... no, there's too much fat in peanut butter. I get terrible, terrible pain if I ingest most fats (or anything else that triggers an attack) so I have to be really careful.
  • It should be public now...