Old Rugby player getting back into shape

Options
HI Everyone,

Im new to the site and havent really exercised since high school. I guess it has something that was put on hold becasue of college studies and then never happened until now.

So any tips would be appreciated. My goal is to loose 30 pounds over the next 6 months to a year.

Cheers,

Replies

• JerseyPook
    Options
    Hi and Welcome :)!!

I guess it would all depend on what works for you and what you ENJOY doing (as far as working out goes). I've definitely found that if you don't like it, you won't stick with it!!

Good Luck!!!
  • smallears
    Options
    Thanks! I'm really enjoying the Kettlebell workouts right now. Just not sure how to track them in the exercise diary.
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm really enjoying the Kettlebell workouts right now. Just not sure how to track them in the exercise diary.

Your best bet is to invest in a hear monitor you can pick decent one's up for anything from £70-£100 this will allow you to track any excercise you do as closley as possible.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi, am a current rugby player and have lost 36 lbs in total (put on about 8 over december due to a few things but hopefully should be gone again for tomorrows weigh in). Still got a long way to go yet, want to drop from 26% body fat to 12%. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    HI Everyone,

Im new to the site and havent really exercised since high school. I guess it has something that was put on hold becasue of college studies and then never happened until now.

So any tips would be appreciated. My goal is to loose 30 pounds over the next 6 months to a year.

Cheers,

Hello and welcome. Old rugby player as well.....i played in high school and college. Boy do i miss playing! Anyhow, feel free to add me if you'd like. I joined back in december and have lost 14 lbs so far (looking to lose about 50 lbs). I'm doing a mix martial arts HIIT training program 5-6 days a week that i enjoy immensely. HIIT and bodyweight workouts seem to work best for me. Good luck!
  • 79RB79
    79RB79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I used to play too and miss it terribly. One of my goals is to get back into shape and join our local club. I have a long way to go when it comes to the cardio.