Easy Chicken Alfredo

Options
I came up with this recipe because I cannot have wheat, which really stinks but it’s forced me to come up with some wonderful meals! I call this my cheater chicken Alfredo.

• 3 medium chicken breasts, lean with the extra fat trimmed off.
• 2-3 C potato flakes
• Chives
• Pepper
• Old Bay chicken herb seasoning
• ½ C Milk
• 2 Large eggs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Trim the fat from the chicken breasts and set aside. In a large zip lock bag combine the potato flakes, chives, pepper, and seasoning. I usually beat the bag to make the flakes almost a powder/flour.

Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray to keep the breasts from sticking, a light coating is good.

In a large bowl add the milk and eggs; this is your white wash. Once you have combined these and trimmed the chicken down soak each breast completely in the wash one at a time and then add to the bag with the dry mixture. Close the bag and shake the chicken until it is evenly coated and then place them on the cookie sheet evenly spaced apart. Continue until each piece is coated. Place into the oven once it is heated for 15-20 minutes or until each breast is thoroughly cooked.

You can use rice or noodles, I prefer rice. Prepare the rice/noodles as directed as well as a jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce. Once the breasts are completely cooked, lay down a bed of rice/noodles and then place a breast or two (depending on size) on top of the bed. On top of this pour a generous amount of the sauce over the chicken, letting it drip down onto the bed and serve.

Replies

• SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This sounds very good! Do you know how many ? Around about anyway?
  • lilgriffon
    Options
    This is just a rough guess (I hope someone else can maybe come up with a better idea?)

Dinner...........................................................Calories...........Carbs...Fat.......Protein
    Homemade – baked chicken breast......326....................15..........4..........57
    Alfredo Sauce, ¼ cup.................................110....................3............10.........2
    Mashed Potatoes, 0.05 cup......................20......................2.............0..........0
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was soo helpful!
  • lilgriffon
    Options
    You're very welcome! It's one of my families favorites!
  • LadyLawJHF
    Options
    I am guessing you have to have a Gluten-Free foods. I have a friend who's little boy requires gluten free food also. Any recepe's you can depart with would be awsome.
  • lilgriffon
    Options
    LadyLaw, I will start typing them up for you :) Yes the gluten free. If they have a Meijer near the "healthy living" stuff is generally gluten free, and the same with Walmart.