Realistic Expectations

Options
There is no ONE healthy weight for everyone. What might be a heathy weight for me might not be for someone else. I think that society forgets this. As a tall woman, I have always been a bigger size and weighed more than my friends.

I know when I was in middle school I would constantly compare myself to other girls that were so different from me, it was unrealisitc to think that we could be the same size and weight. Do you rememeber in school when they did the fitness testing? You had to be weighed and measured in front of everyone? I was a very tall and very thin. Even though I was in great shape, I still weighed more than all of my friends.

I found this website that shows people and weight versus height to give a visual of what someone your similar height and goal weight might look like. I think that they should seperate the male and female pictures but I thought it was an interesting project. I realize everyone had different body types but I like to use this website to give me an idea if my goals are realistic. Would my goal weight really look healthy?

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.shtml

Replies