What are some really good Cookbooks (real books only)?

Options
lwright311
lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
I have Juan-Carlos Cruz Calorie Countdown Cookbook and it is awesome. It has mostly delicious recipes plus lots of weight loss tips. However, I have some other cookbooks with crappy recipes. I would like to get a couple more low calorie cookbooks with good tasting recipes. I am especially fond of casseroles and main courses under 350 calories per serving. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Replies

• mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    tosca reno's clean eating cook book...lots of great recipes..all healthy and delicious!
  • vanessayoungss
    Options
    I know you don't live in the UK and don't know if you have it over there but the 'Hairy Dieters' cook book is really good! x
  • mathildapops
    mathildapops Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know you don't live in the UK and don't know if you have it over there but the 'Hairy Dieters' cook book is really good! x

I've just ordered that from amazon, watched some of the series, the food looks yummy :happy:
  • itsmeterrih
    itsmeterrih Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl - to the Max. It's a comprehensive book with just about anything you could want. She is great at substituting low calorie items and adjusting recipes to make food healthier. I love that cookbook.
  • KimMcG24
    Options
    You can get the Hairy Dieters book in the US from Amazon - when my mom came over I made the sweet and sour chicken for them and they loved it. She bought it for herself and as Xmas presents for the rest of the family in the US.

I've tried several of their recipes so far. So good. Relatively easy. No expensive ingredients that you'll never use again!
  • amandattown
    amandattown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl to the max is a great cookbook with low cal recipes of foods that actually look good! Comfort food- my biggest weakness!

http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Girl-Max-Ultimate-Guilt-Free/dp/0312676786/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357826530&sr=8-1&keywords=skinny+girl+to+the+max
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I have this book. It is tatty now cos I love the recipes and use it so much :-D
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    They still make those? The only actual cook books I own were my late grandmother and great baba's so I am no help..They make apps for that.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The Sparkpeople Cookbook looked pretty good the last time I was browsing cookbooks, I think it might be the next one I buy.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    The Flat Belly Diet Cookbook is awesome.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    As said before....the Hairy Dieter's book :)
  • king1988
    king1988 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The Larousse Gastronomique will be the last one you ever buy! Part encyclopedia, part recipes. You will see every technique and classic recipe from around the globe. I love just sitting back and reading it like a novel.
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Anyone have The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook? It got good reviews on Amazon and is cheap.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Looney Spoons The Collection or Low Fat Made Fun by Greta and Janet Poledski

Great recipes and fun names for favourite dishes.

Karen
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i do...its really good!