I have extra calories...

Options
Okay, this is not my normal situation BY FAR, but I have a lot of extra calories after taking a long walk tonight. Would you eat them or consider it a good kickstart to the week? I know the dangers of undercutting your calories but still--I'm actually not hungry~

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is not my normal situation BY FAR, but I have a lot of extra calories after taking a long walk tonight. Would you eat them or consider it a good kickstart to the week? I know the dangers of undercutting your calories but still--I'm actually not hungry~

For myself I think it would depend on how MANY under I am. Know what I mean? Are you 100 under or 500 under?
    1 T. of PB 100 cals
    a serving of nuts is good nutrition and good amount of cals for buffer
    etc.

Also here it's nearly 11pm don't know what time zone you're in but that would make a difference to me too, how late it was. If I was on my way to bed an apple would be 90 cals and a T. of PB 100 that would make it nearly 200 and your blood sugars would be good to go while you sleep. Since sleep is actually fasting for our body I try not to go under to low on my daily goal of cals for that reason.

2 ways of thinking on eating late, some think it doesn't matter, some are against eating after 6. I guess I settle somewhere in the middle of not being too militant about it if I need to get in some cals.

Help ya? Or did I merely confuse you? :tongue:

Becca:heart:
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    Haha! I am on a late-nite schedule, so it's earlier in the night for me than for some (I'll be up 3 more hours at least). But I'm on a 2000 cal plan and now have over 600 to burn. You make a good point that just because I have them doesn't mean I need to waste them all--eat something that my body needs anyway. This is such a new situation for me :-)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Haha! I am on a late-nite schedule, so it's earlier in the night for me than for some (I'll be up 3 more hours at least). But I'm on a 2000 cal plan and now have over 600 to burn. You make a good point that just because I have them doesn't mean I need to waste them all--eat something that my body needs anyway. This is such a new situation for me :-)

Kevin,
    It a continuing journey for all of US! Everyday is a new day and each day we learn what works best for us, might be something different than yesterday but we keep plowing ahead:drinker:

Also if you're a cereal eater, that might be another choice, some protein and some carbs might be a thought.:wink:

Ohhh and I think you already know that 600 out of 2000 a day is ALOT to dismiss. :tongue: :wink: But if they are workout cals you can always figure eat half this time (not sure how you usually handle your workout cals, some on here eat all, some eat half, some eat none) & see how that goes for you.

Have a great night:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • Bubbles007
    Options
    Hi! Personally, if I weren't hungry, I would not eat. I think you need to listen to your body and what it's telling you. If you are hungry, try to go with something satisfying, but healthy, like yogurt, fat free pudding or apples/peanut butter mentioned above.