weight creeping back on

Options
So I lost 15 pounds about a year ago, I am up 8 pounds on that. I would really like to lose just 3-5 of those and keep them off. I eat right for the most part, exercise all the time, doing Les Mills combat now. I just can not seem to drop those few pounds. I used to drink a protein shake for breakfast and stopped doing that a few months ago and wonder if I should go back to it. I know it seems petty to complain about 3-5 pounds, but it is wearing on my self esteem, the stupid numbers on the scale!!! Thoughts on how to drop those last few pounds for good?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I lost 15 pounds about a year ago, I am up 8 pounds on that. I would really like to lose just 3-5 of those and keep them off. I eat right for the most part, exercise all the time, doing Les Mills combat now. I just can not seem to drop those few pounds. I used to drink a protein shake for breakfast and stopped doing that a few months ago and wonder if I should go back to it. I know it seems petty to complain about 3-5 pounds, but it is wearing on my self esteem, the stupid numbers on the scale!!! Thoughts on how to drop those last few pounds for good?

I am also doing Les Mills Combat (ultimate warrior one). But just follow their nutrition guide. I believe it's body weight x 12 (or 13, I can't remember off the top of my head) to get calories need to lose. Also, beach body suggest 40/40/20 (c/p/f) in terms of macro nutrition. Don't worry so much about the weight, just take pictures and watch the results.
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Combat as well! You should really focus on your nutrition, since that is what will make the biggest difference. Also, Shakeology makes a great breakfast, and for me, having that first thing keeps me wanting to eat right all day. In my first week of Combat I lost 5.6 pounds doing their metabolism kickstart (1200 cals/day and with those high metabolism foods listed in the nutrition guide). Now granted, I have over 70 pounds to lose so it'll go faster for me than for someone so close to goal.

So, moral of the story: watch your nutrition (count cals and check out Shakeology if you can) and have fun with Combat!
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also, even once you get to goal weight, it's a good idea to weigh-in once a week since it's easier to fix things when you notice a 1-2 pound gain rather than a 5-8. Just my 2 cents :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Are you eating less than you burn each day? Regardless of exercise routine and WHAT you eat, the amount you eat vs calories burned is what's most important.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm doing Combat as well! You should really focus on your nutrition, since that is what will make the biggest difference. Also, Shakeology makes a great breakfast, and for me, having that first thing keeps me wanting to eat right all day. In my first week of Combat I lost 5.6 pounds doing their metabolism kickstart (1200 cals/day and with those high metabolism foods listed in the nutrition guide). Now granted, I have over 70 pounds to lose so it'll go faster for me than for someone so close to goal.

So, moral of the story: watch your nutrition (count cals and check out Shakeology if you can) and have fun with Combat!

Shakeology is just an overprices meal replacement shake. There is no need for it nor will it provide any greater value to your health compared to lean whole foods. But I do agree with watching your nutrition.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on how to drop those last few pounds for good?

if you want to keep the pounds off for good you have to keep yourself accountable. There is just no other way about it. Eventually it starts becoming natural and you can keep a running total of calories in your head, especially if you eat the same sorts of food. As the other poster said, the "Shakeology" isn't going to be a magic answer, but maybe if it keeps you consistent in your calorie intake and keeps you full, then that's what's working, not what's in the shake itself.

Basically, you have to log it. And you have to weigh it (atleast at first, I'm so used to it I can pretty much eyeball most things now). And keep yourself active.

If you've gained 8 pounds back, you're eating too many calories...