Easy, high protein, yummy breakfast ideas

Options
I know I need to start the day off right so I'm not tempted to eat the all the office doughnuts mid-morning or large lunch portions. My stats are show my carbs are too high and I'm not getting enough protein, especially at breakfast. Any ideas?

Replies

• AliceAsya
    AliceAsya Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    eggs, cottage cheese, a good greek yogurt (like Fage or Chobani, there are so many crappy fake greek yogurts out there), a protein shake, smoked salmon, or even a bagel thin or bagel with turkey on it.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg whites with veggies of choice, add crumbled ham (low salt) or a couple of strips of low salt turkey bacon.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    google search egg muffin recipes, high in protein and you can grab them on the go.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Eat the person who is the cheeriest at work - you will please everyone
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast does it for me. Sometimes using poached egg with creamed spinach (picture at http://channing.info/?p=2412).
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Protein Shake (I like the EAS low carb or Atkins because they're easy to take with me), turkey sausage
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Anythign that was once an animal.

Also:
    1/2 cup french vanilla ice cream
    1c milk
    1tbsp peanut butter
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder
    a few ice cubes
    blend and enjoy
  • jmcphee1964
    jmcphee1964 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to boil some eggs in the evening and put in the fridge. All I need to do in the morning is add a piece of whole wheat toast. It keeps me full for awhile! Sometimes I have a protein shake but does not keep me full as long.
  • leakymats
    Options
    I had the same problem and now I eat greek yoghurt topped with fresh frozen berries from costco and a drizzle of honey...
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Eggs and low sugar baked beans, vegetable omelette (use frozen defrosted or precut veggies for speed), berry and vegetable smoothie with whey powder, cottage cheese fruit and nuts or seeds, homemade protein bars, homemade protein pancakes.
  • kwentz1960
    Options
    Okay. Are you ready for the most delicious breakfast? Get a blender and put 3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt, a handful of fresh spinach leaves, 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple (I buy the already cut up ones because who really wants to mess with that in the morning), 1 banana, and 1/2 water and about 6 ice cubes. DELICIOUS and NUTRITIOUS!
  • RhondaRho
    Options
    Wow! So many great ideas. I will definately try many of them. Thanks so much everyone!:flowerforyou: