Friendly motivation needed!

Options
I've been using MFP for a while. I lost about 20 pounds previously and then gained it all back. I'm 28 and need to lose 50-60 pounds to get to a healthy (dare i say....average) weight for my height and frame.

I'm taking a boot camp class (that is kicking my butt!) while my son is taking Jiu jitsu in the same gym. I'm working hard but I'm struggling with cutting the junk foods that I'm used to eating and tend to lose motivation pretty quickly.

I could definitely use any tips you have but at the same time, i am very realistic and will not be able to succeed long term with an extreme diet. feel free to add me! I could use some help!

Replies

• vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be on an extreme diet. Be positive! You are being realistic because your are right, you cannot survive on an extreme diet! Don't say diet. Its healthy eating. You need to try to change your eating habits first. Follow the MFP, fill in all your meals. Eat three meals and your snacks. Figure out your cals that you need. Eat the healthy foods that you like, poultry, fish, little red meal, fruits and veggies. Lay off fried foods! You will be surprised but once you cut down on the sugar you will not crave it any longer. Pick fruits that you like and carry with you. You need to eat if u are kicking butt at boot camp!!! Put the MFP app on your phone. I will be glad to be your friend. You can do it. You are only 28 and now is the time to start because as you get older it does not get any easier so start now! You can do it!!! :smile: