My Coca Cola Addiction.. -Continued.

Options
So for some of you previously read I am addicted to Coca Cola.. However after quitting drinking sodas cold turkey today marks one week of no cokes!.. I am now just drinking strictly water!.. I went from drinking 2-8 can of cokes a day..(waking up drinking a coke and going to sleep drinking a coke)... to no cokes at all!.. This has been a high success for me!...

Replies

• Congratulations on giving up soda! It must've been tough! Keep it up!
    Just because soda is pretty darn bad for you doesn't mean you have to totally limit yourself to water and only water forever.
    I switched to green tea and fruit juice when I gave it up.
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats I feel your pain I love cokes to!
  • grgnelson
    grgnelson Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Slowly doing this-have switched from 3 Sonic Rt 44 Cokes to 2 Dt Dr Pepper's so at least with that start have cut down on a lot of calories and carbs...
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I haven't had a coke since July 20th and I don't even miss it most of the time. When stress is high I sometimes still feel the urge to grab a coke to calm myself but have managed to not make that mistake, yet. Keep up the awesome work!!
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    I am doing the same. It's been 5 days now without any sodas whatsoever. I've done it before & lost a nice bit of weight just by replacing soda with water. I used to drink just soda, all day every day, nothing else. It's difficult but so worth it. Keep it up!
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know how hard it can be. That was one of my New Year's resolutions. I was addicted to "diet" cokes but wanted to get away from the aspartame. I have been drinking strictly water too. I prefer not to drink my calories.
  • brandiellzey
    Options
    I'm also cutting out sodas. My addiction was diet dr pepper. I would have 4-6 a day and sometimes even 7. Wake up and first thing I did was grab a diet dp and go out in garage and smoke. I'm on day 6 of no diet dr pepper and day 60 of no smoking! Keep up your hard work! It will pay off! I'm now drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day. I have some green tea but haven't tried it yet...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!