New MFP trying to lose 100+

Options
I started MFP yesterday with a goal of losing over 100 pounds. I don't really have a reliable support group with friends or family, so I'm here. With or without support, I'm determined to burn these stretch pants once and for all. =) I will try and encourage anyone who wants to take this journey with me.

Replies

• jackiekerr63
    jackiekerr63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hiya welcome to myfitnesspal. i have 100+ to lose too and would be happy to take this journey with you. x
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!! I jumped over to your home page and felt the hair on my neck stand up -- your mom say's you can't quit smoking and lose weight? She is WRONG! Lets Prove a point! Yes, it will be HARD, but if you are READY and you Want it, you CAN do it!!!!!!

Add me as a friend, I'd love to help in any way I can.

Nancy
  • Woofkaz4
    Options
    I too am going to lose over 100lbs. So far doing good. Have really been on track. I am doing myfitnesspal in conjuction with Weigth Watchers. So far soo good. :happy:
  • june21112
    Options
    Welcome! Support is very important. Feel free to add me :)
  • lotoyam
    Options
    I am in the same boat 100+ lbs to go! I am willing to be supportive!
  • margi45
    Options
    I've only been using MFP for two weeks and have lost 6 lbs......still a long way from at least 70, but for first time in my live really feel this is doable.
    Let's not give up! We didn't put the weight on overnight and it will take time to get ourselves back in shape. I have found that if you absolutely keep to the calorie count allowed after setting up your goals, the rest is so much easier. I even slipped up 1 time and in a
    moment of weakness ordered a piece of pie for dessert at a luncheon. No problem, really, as I still had enough calories remaining that day to have a very light dinner.

Welcome to the fight! ;-)
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 97 lbs. Can I join this? 97 is close enough to 100....
  • knitwit704
    knitwit704 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you. Not the smoking thing, but my grandma says I'll never be able to lose weight and I'll never get a guy because of that. And I quote: "Do you think men are looking for 200+ pound women? No! They're not. And you'll never be able to lose weight, you'll never get a man. You'll never have any more family than you do already."

First of all, some guys don't care how you look. True, most do, but not all.

Second of all, she was thin all through high-school and forever until she got old(er). And times were different. She just doesn't get it.

I'm here to prove her wrong! Who else is with me?
  • dimento1993
    Options
    On the same road, need to lose around 40-45 kilos, cant wait for that day.