What this be considered as "starving yourself"?

Options
Eating when hungry & stopping when full:

So, my appetite has gotten a lot smaller. Part of it is I've been ill and not hungry, and part of it is I eat/chew my food a lot slower allowing me to feel fuller faster. However, since I started doing this, I have not been getting in my 1200 calories. I've tried to keep eating even after I feel full but then I feel bloated. Or if I eat some time when I am not hungry and I havn't eaten I still feel bloated. I've tried eating some healthier high calorie foods like peanut butter and yet I still can't hit my 1200. Am I starving myself because of this?): I have not once had the urge to binge. Just the thought makes me sick to my stomach. But, what do I do? Am I starving myself? If so, how do I fix it?

Replies

• StarTrekkinDelta
    StarTrekkinDelta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Would** Messed up the thread title. ://
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's interesting! I eat super fast... not sure why, I do live a fast-paced lifestyle, just finished school, work 2 jobs & have a daughter... so it seems like I'm always on the run. My dad and I are the fastest eaters (and also the pickiest eaters) in our family - first ones done at all the holiday meals - which people just can't believe (but then again, we normally eat just turkey and mashed potatoes, none of the other goodies that fill the plates for everyone else). I think after reading your post, I'll give it a try and see if eating slower decreases my appetite at all. I've read all kinds of things about slow eating, and it seems like I just forget and eat and run.... so, since I'm making a conscious effort to be healthier this year, I'll give this a shot as well -- It can't hurt! I've noticed that if I eat quickly, I'm eating more... and I am also hungrier sooner... so I'm interested in trying this. My mom and one sister eat so slow - but seem to be full on such a small quantity of food.
    I would not recommend eating after you feel "full". That is the problem I have with eating so fast, I don't get that feeling until after I've been done eating, and then I realize I could probably have eaten less... so I think slowing down will help me a lot!
  • dimento1993
    Options
    Eating when hungry & stopping when full:

So, my appetite has gotten a lot smaller. Part of it is I've been ill and not hungry, and part of it is I eat/chew my food a lot slower allowing me to feel fuller faster. However, since I started doing this, I have not been getting in my 1200 calories. I've tried to keep eating even after I feel full but then I feel bloated. Or if I eat some time when I am not hungry and I havn't eaten I still feel bloated. I've tried eating some healthier high calorie foods like peanut butter and yet I still can't hit my 1200. Am I starving myself because of this?): I have not once had the urge to binge. Just the thought makes me sick to my stomach. But, what do I do? Am I starving myself? If so, how do I fix it?

i have the same problem, the only difference according to my calorie-intake calculator its 3k but im consuming around 1k sometimes less and skip a meal ( i have 3 meals a day ), i dont know how bad does this affect my weight loss =c need some help !
  • Jovita79
    Options
    I eat very little also. Mostly because of my meds. 4 out of 5 of them cause decrease in appetite so I definitely have that going for me. The site of some foods often disgust me. I've actually lost 14 lbs because of it without exercise. I'm actually scared of exercisizing for fear of passing out. I get between 600 to 700 calories a day. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Definitely dont force yourself to eat. Just make sure you get your vitamins and coffee or an energy drink would help to keep you from loosing too much energy.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It's fine
  • Frugalcountrymom
    Frugalcountrymom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was curious about that too, since I started blogging my food it keeps telling me I am starving myself ;/ because of my weight I guess it expects me to eat more calories but I have never eaten that much calories that it suggests I just I ate the bad things which got my weight up and lack of exercise. I guess if you dont skip meals and are eating right I wouldnt worry to much about it, I am not going too.