MAKE UP QUESTION: Drug Store Waterproof Make-up Remover?

Options
Ocarina
Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
Anyone, anyone??

LOL!

This is important I promise!! I use
s1258284-main-hero.jpg

Which is great but it runs out... real quick. And at 10 bucks a pop I cannot justify it!

Is there any great skin friendly waterproof eye makeup remover at a Walgreens or something? The key thing is water proof removing. The other stuff just pushes it around on my face.

Thanks for reading my random post ladies! (And knowledgeable men too :drinker: )

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Cover girl has one I like and it just takes a little so lasts a long time. Comes in a small white bottle and is really inexpensive. I also discovered that Oil of Olay cream cleanser works really well. I use it to wash my face and had forgotten my eye makeup remover while traveling, so just used this, hoping it would work. I think it works because it's a cream cleanser. They foaming one doesn't work near as well.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Have not tried it yet, but saw on Pinterest that you can make your own. Worth a try anyway...

1 cup water
    1 1/2 tablespoon tear free baby shampoo
    1/8 teaspoon baby oil (or oil of your choice)

Mix together and store in a container of your choice.

Sounds easy enough
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Target Brand (Up & Up, I think) works pretty good.

Or Olive oil in a pinch.
  • laurenxxapril
    Options
    I'm a big time makeup girl! I can only use waterproof mascara, and I've always used baby oil. It's important to keep your eyes closed when using it (when it gets in, it makes your vision blurry but doesn't sting). I use cotton pads, cotton balls hold too much fluid.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    L'Oreal's make up remover works better than a lot of the high dollar department store ones. I worked for Estee Lauder for several years, and this is still my favorite! :)
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use the Almay wipes. I only wear waterproof on occasion - so I can't say how well they would work all the time. But for my non-waterproof makeup, they work wonderful - easy and quick!

I DO use the oil free ones though... they have ones that aren't oil free and maybe those would be better for removing the waterproof mascara.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Baby oil. It's cheap and works like a charm. In theory, a bit of oil around your eyes might also be good at preventing wrinkles....
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I wear stage makeup (waterproof) when I dance, one of my fellow dancers gave me this tip for quickly getting eye makeup off: use baby wipes
    I tried it and it works! So I always take all of my performance makeup off with baby wipes then wash my face with my regular face wash to make sure I got everything off
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use Lancome. Whenever they have a gift offered it is usually a freebie in the gift package. I have never paid for it.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Just use a little olive oil. Plus it's good for your skin :)
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use Neutrogena make-up remover wipes. They are AWESOME! Buy them at BJ's in a 4 pack and save a ton of $$$.
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if they sell it in the US, but Marcelle has a great waterproof makeup remover. Alternatively, there's Bioderma - but I'm not sure that's sold in the US either.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I use baby oil or Vaseline. I haven't found any make-up brand that removes my waterproof mascara like these do.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try the Neutrogene makeup remover cleansing towelettes to remove waterproof mascara without leaving an oily film. They work.

I used to use baby oil or, better yet, baby oil gel (which I can no longer find). After using the oils, I had to wash away the oily residue with soap.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Maybelline Expert Eyes Liquid Eye Makeup Remover; it's less than $5 and WILL removed the most stubborn WP makeup.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE eye makeup remover is the equate version of Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. You can find it on the skin care aisle in Walmart. 5 oz for less than $4.00. Works great. Shake well, dab a little on a cotton ball and wipe away. Be sure you are getting the right one though because the Equate version of Almay is terrible.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    After trying a bazillion brands, I swear by Mary Kay Makeup Remover. It's not sold in drug stores, but you can buy it from amazon.com instead of going through a consultant. That stuff is heaven sent.

ETA: It's around $15 per bottle, but you get a fair amount and it lasts a long time.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I will second on the olive oil
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys thanks for the tips. I might try olive oil or baby oil! That would be pretty basic and easy. I'll check out the other brands too. See what is available at my grocery store I pick my meds up at. (Trying to multitask, lol)
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ponds cold cream works like a charm too...is not pricey and doubles as a really nice moisturizer after you wipe it off. It's an old formula that's been around for awhile.