tofu shirataki noodles?

Options
Hello,

Does anyone know if its possible to get hold of these in any shops in the Uk?

Replies

• Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I can't even find them here in the US. Sorry, but good luck
  • lyfwithluv
    lyfwithluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy shirataki noodles at the Asian market where I live. If you can't find them I know they can be ordered online. Good luck!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=4632&prodid=5524&cid=582 I think this is what you want.

Try any local health food shops, otherwise amazon probably sells them
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I found them, and tried them. Not really my cup of tea.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have heard people getting them from Amazon, so maybe the Amazon.uk site might be helpful? For the US, most are in the refrigerated healthfood section of your grocer. One of mine (Tops) has them in the organic produce section, the other (Wegmans in the refrigerated health food section near the tofu.........
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I got them on amazon, they were from the japan centre in london
  • kprep
    kprep Posts: 11
    Options
    they have them at asian markets and whole foods/central market
    they are really disgusting though, definitely not worth the trouble
  • kwalker1965
    Options
    Kroger has them here in Louisiana.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    yuck.. they're seriously gross
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    In my opinion they are awful. They smell funny and the texture makes me feel like I'm eating a living fish.
    I would never recommend them. I would however recommend cauliflower or spaghetti squash as a replacement.
  • samlankford
    Options
    lol if you season them they are actually good.. I do them with stir fry veggies and tofu chunks..:laugh:
  • kitwright
    kitwright Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it looks like Holland and Barrett sell them- I just called my local one they're out of stock... mmmm
  • huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    They only smell/taste funny if you don't follow the instructions... You're supposed to rinse them in cold water until the smell goes away and then heat them in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. They really absorb sauces well, particularly things like soy sauce, so they taste just like regular noodles to me. I haven't had an issue with the texture but it might be because I blot them dry with a paper towel or heat them in a pan to get rid of the extra moisture so they aren't slimy.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Never had them but if you like them, there's a Groupon going on right now...$39.99 for 24 packages. Not sure what the usual retail is.
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I found them, and tried them. Not really my cup of tea.

^^^
    This....and I dont find them filling either.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to that group, I just got it in my mail today too!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-zero-calorie-noodles
  • jumpjive
    Options
    hello, I just ordered mine from realfoods.com with free delivery if you spend over £26. Think they were £1.75 per unit