Body By VI

Options
13»

Replies

• thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I am not usually one to discourage someone from a product, but I have tried Body by Vi back in May. I am a sucker for fad diets. My brother decided compare it to Spirulina (sp?) which is a very common protein shake that he was using and it is sold in a lot of different stores. Honestly, the only main difference between the two products was that there was quite a bit more fiber in the Visalus shakes comparatively speaking, but you could easily get that amount of fiber from eating some good healthy servings of beans or vegetables. My brother argued with me that I was wasting my money by buying it and that the whole hoopla over Visalus was more so the pyramid scheme than the actual product. I argued that it was tri-sorb proteins in Visalus that made the difference. I bought a months worth of the shakes just to try them out and I did end up losing 15 pounds that month. I made several different flavors of shakes that I actually loved drinking. But, the second I quit drinking them, I slowly started gaining back despite the fact that I was continuing to log and staying under my calorie goal with exercising. I will admit that I slacked on the exercise a bit (only exercised 3x a week for an hour each), but regardless, since I was staying UNDER (I would eat 1400 net and my MFP calorie goal is 1710), there is absolutely no reason why I was gaining instead of losing or even just maintaining. It discouraged me, I gave up, and I gained back all 26 pounds back that I had lost last year between then and now. I'm just now getting back on the wagon and taking it a day at a time of making healthier choices and forcing myself to live a more active lifestyle. There's no miracle product out there, weight loss is hard work. I know that all of the 90-day challenge transformations are very encouraging and believable, but they're not realistic in my opinion. I saw Body by Vi and thought "this is my miracle product. I'm going to do it this time". Granted, I didn't do the full 90-days but honestly, I'm glad I didn't invest the money after seeing how ridiculously easy it was to gain the weight back after I stopped drinking them.

This is just my take on it, and many people have different results with different products, so it might work better for you. Everybody is different. You may as well give it a shot if you have already purchased the product anyways, but I would highly discourage investing anymore money in it than you already have.

My favorite shakes were as follows:
    Coffee:
    12oz unsweetened almond milk
    2 scoops Visalus
    instant coffee to your preferred strength (I would just put the grounds in whole, other people mix it with water first)
    I sometimes added Splenda if I had a sweet tooth

Banana bread:
    2 scoops visalus
    1 small/medium banana
    1oz walnuts

Orange Dreamsicle:
    2 scoops Visalus
    3-4 Tbs of orange juice.

Good luck in whatever you decide :)

Edit: By the way, my brother did the Spirulina shakes for a very short time. Eventually he just made better choices and became more active. He has gone from 354lbs to 273lbs since July 2012....I think there's something to be said about that!!!)
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoyed the shakes when I did them, but my niece hated the taste too....She tried numerous things just like you. I made her one with Chocolate almond milk, 2 tbsp of Peanut butter, 1 or 2 tbsp of Sugar free butterscotch pudding, put all in blender with some ice and she didn't have any problems. If you google "Vi Recipes" you will also find many ideas. Try the pudding in it bc it thickens it and changes the texture as well.

good luck!
  • shrinkydink_mg
    Options
    I say give em' up! The link below explains EVERY ingredient in the shakes and what good/no good they are for your body. I don't see the point in replacing a meal with a drink you don't like when you could just eat good food!

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
  • amandaKd94
    amandaKd94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My Sister-in-law sells Body by Vi products and she loves it... I love the shakes! She showed me a neat trick which was on some of the links posted earlier ~ add any flavor of sugar free jello pudding! I use Chocolate Fudge, Banana Cream, Cheesecake, White Chocolate....

8 oz Vanilla Almond Milk
    2 scoops of Vi Shake mix
    4-5 ice cubes or frozen fruit
    1 Tb jello pudding (just the powder)

Blend in my Magic Bullet for a minute or so.... TASTY! :drinker:

I agree, using any flavor of FF/SF Jello Pudding gives you tons of new recipes! My fav is blueberry cheesecake!
  • LindseyRoot
    Options
    i have had success with them over this last year! Now, i have heard of people getting a bad batch...like a sour taste? i would say if you tried and sample at a party and enjoyed it but find yourself not liking it now check the product numer ( i think somewhere on the bottom of the bag) if you have two bags and they are not from the same batch, open the other bag and try making a shake from that one. And call the company.
    Another tip i would say is to use a lot of ice with you blend your shake...that helps with the texture thing that so many people have an issue with. Good Luck.

But lastly, as many others have said.... it might just be that they are not for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!